While motion sensors are there to help prevent potential intruders from entering our homes and businesses, there is no denying the headaches that come with the inevitable false-alarm. We know that reliability is a major concern when it comes to home security systems, and we can safely say that wireless sensors don't come more reliable than the Visonic Tower20.
That's because Visonic employs groundbreaking technology that not only offers superior outdoor detection, but prevents any chance of false-alarms caused by outdoor interferences like rain, snow, lightning storms, swaying bushes, and free-roaming animals (up to 40lb).
Visonic has patented what is called Octa-Quad technology. What this means is that it uses eight independent PIR sensors (most outdoor detectors use only 1) that each monitor 1/8 of the field of view and remarkably manage to take into account the time, amplitude, background temperature, speed of motion, size of target, and the direction of motion of approaching objects, which the unit compares to adjacent signals and thereby determines whether a real alarm is justified. This is intelligent technology at its most sophisticated and compact!
For this reason you can take very seriously when the motion sensor has set off the alarm, and therefore take the necessary precautions to further ensure your safety.
- Coverage of 40ft x 40ft/90deg.
- Pet immunization of up to 40ft
- Fully wireless
- Octa-Quad technology determines legitimacy of motion
- Compatible with PowerMax products
|What's in the box||(1) Visonic Outdoor Wireless Motion Detector|
- The sensor is not small animal proof. It's being triggered every ...Review by Walter
- I bought this sensor about 9 months ago and the place I installed ...Review by Walter
- THEY ARE TRULEY A GREAT PRODUCT. I BOUGHT TWO OF THE TOWER 20,S ...Review by name withheld
Write Your Own Review
|Pet Immunization||Up to 40lb|
|Input Power||Two 3V Lithium Batteries|
|Battery Life||3 years|
|Mounting Type||Wall mounting|
|Operating Temp||-31°F to -140°F|
|Storage Temp||-31°F to -140°F|