Avoid false alarms while you're away from home with the Next Digital Wireless Pet Immune Motion Detector. Designed for home owners with dogs, cats and other critters, this PIR (Passive Infrared) Motion Detector lets Gizmo and Sassy roam freely without setting off your home security alarm.
This is cutting-edge technology, built for convenience. With Visonic's True Motion Recognition and Target Specific Imaging optical system, this Powercode motion sensor will only recognize human body movements, understanding and avoiding pets that weigh up to 85 lbs.
With FM Digital Signal Processing, this reliable motion detector is compatible with the PowerMax alarm system as well as all Visonic Powercode wireless panels and receivers. This is the alarm industry's best detection accuracy motion detector. The built-in anti-collision Powercode technology ensures that signals transmitted at the same time are acknowledged by the receiver- so basically, when you add this device to your alarm system, your wires won't get crossed and efficiency is high.
Catered to the pet lover who also yearns for a strong home security system, the Next Motion Detector is one of the most favored additions to Visonic Alarm Systems.
- Pet-Tolerant for animals up to 38 kg (85 lb).
- Fully supervised wireless detector with anti-collision PowerCode technology.
- Compatible with PowerMax and all Visonic PowerCode wireless panels and receivers.
- 3 Volt long life high power standard Lithium battery.
- Long-term stability and reliability thanks to advanced true digital FM processing.
- Industry's best catch performance based on proprietary Target Specific Imaging and 3D cylindrical optics.
- Ultimate false alarm immunity based on patented True Motion Recognition with exceptionally high sampling rates and "Event Verification" algorithm.
- 12m (40 ft) 90o multiple-curtain coverage with "wall" creep zone.
- Fast and easy adjustment-free installation.
- Attractive sleek design suitable for any home or office environment.
|Part Number||Next K9-85 MCW|
|What's in the box||(1) Visonic Next K9-85 MCW 85lb Wireless Pet Immune Motion PIR Detector|
- Well, I have installed this in my home (got it as part of the ...Review by robert
- It's pet AND people immune! You could dance in front of this ...Review by Roger
- Doesn't work, my 28 lb little dog sets it off. Too bad, I had ...Review by Drew
- I've had these installed for a couple of years now. Can't speak ...Review by Jo Jo
Getting ready to buy a new house. These will be installed with the Visonic system. (Posted on 9/29/12)
- I have several of these installed throughout the home and my ...Review by name withheld
- Easy installation, I had to use 3m double-sided sticky tape to ...Review by Joseph
- Just works. Mine is mounted over the front door which covers ...Review by name withheld
- I am about to purchase another K9-85. I have been using one ...Review by name withheld
- what everyone needs to understand is that the sensor goes into ...Review by name withheld
- Got one of these gems in my package and I bought another at the ...Review by Chris
- I've had 2 of these sensors operating in my home for 4 years ...Review by name withheld
- Horrible motion sensor. I received this in the overall package ...Review by Jacob
- Product worked for about 3 minutes out of the box. After continued ...Review by Stephanie
- Purchased this as it's advertised to be immune to dogs that are ...Review by Kimberley
Well, my dog is 52 pounds and trips the sensor every time.
It's only after purchasing it that you will read in the supplied manual that if the dog gets close to the area where the PIR is installed the max weight limit drops substantially.
So $70 down the drain as I cannot protect the required area due to the dog moseying around in it.
I really wish the limitations were advertised up front, as I would not then have purchased it. (Posted on 9/20/09)
- Works flawlessly, no false alarms at all! very good sensitivity ...Review by Fred
Write Your Own Review
|Detector Type||Dual element low noise pyroelectric sensor.|
|Lens Data||No. of Curtain Beams: 9
Max. Coverage: 12 x 12 m (40 x 40 ft) / 90°
|Pet Immunity||Up to 38 kg (85 lb).|
|Internal Battery||3V Lithium battery, type CR-123A. For UL installations, use Panasonic or Sanyo only.|
|Nominal Battery Capacity||1450 mA/h.|
|Standby Current Drain||approx. 0.025 mA.|
|Transmit Current Drain||20 mA (including LED).|
|Battery Life (with LED on)||Typically over 3 years.|
|Battery Power Test||Performed immediately upon battery insertion and periodically after every several hours.|
|True Motion Event Verification||2 position selector - 1 (OFF) or 2 (ON) motion events.|
|Alarm Period||3 seconds.|
|Visual Indications||LED Lights for about 3 seconds upon transmission of alarm & tamper messages and upon motion detection in the walk test mode.
LED Flashes during the power-up stabilization period, or after restoring (pressing) the tamper switch.
LED Does not light upon transmission of supervision messages.
|Rearm Timer||Rearms the detector 2 minutes after the last alarm. Timer disabled in the walk test mode – not applicable for the DD243 version (see section 1).|
|Frequency (MHz)||315 (U.S. version), 433.92, 868.95, 869.2625 or other frequencies according to local requirements.|
|Transmission Sequence||3 data bursts at variable intervals within 3 seconds.|
|Encoding||24-bit ID, over 16 million possible combinations.|
|Total Message Length||36 bits.|
|Tamper Alert||Reported when a tamper event occurs and in any subsequent message, until the tamper switch is restored.|
|Supervision Message||Signaling at 60 minutes interval (U.S. version), 15 minute interval (UK version) or according to local standards.|
|Height||1.8 - 2.4 m (6 - 8 ft). Recommended height up to 2.1 m (7 ft)|
|Installation Options||Surface or corner.|
|BR-1||Surface mounted swivel bracket, adjustable 30° down and 45° left/45° right.|
|BR-2||BR-1 with a corner adapter|
|BR-3||BR-1 with a ceiling adapter|
|RFI Protection||>20 V/m up to 1000 MHz.|
|Operating Temperatures||-10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F).|
|Storage Temperatures||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F).|
|Compliance with Standards||Designed to meet FCC Part 15 and Directive 1999/5/EC of the European Parliament.|
|Size (H x W x D)||94.5 x 63.5 x 53.0 mm (3-11/16 x 2-1/2 x 2-1/16”).|
|Weight (with battery)||70 g (2.5 oz).|
|PATENTS||U.S. Patents 5,693,943 • 6,211,522 • D445,709 (another patent pending).|