The MKP-150 (PRT) is an indoor, multi-button wireless two-way keypad device for operation with the Powermax+ system. The device operates using a two-way encrypted coded transmission and provides aural and visual indications. For each Powermax+ control panel, a maximum of two MKP-150 (PRT) keypad devices may be enrolled.
The MKP-150 (PRT) may be operated either by AC power supply (optional) or by Battery power. If AC power is used, the device operates continuously and the set status is constantly updated. If powered by batteries, they keypad immediately becomes 15 sec after last key press. The Key pad immediatly becomes operational again upon pressing of any key
- Status, alarm memory, and trouble data retrieval from Powermax+
- Automatic reporting to Powermax+ of low battery voltage, AC failure, tamper.
- Visual indication by red/green/amber LED and LCD display
- Keypad and LCD back lighting activated by long press (2 sec) od any key.
- Light dim/brightness
- Various audible signals sounded by the speaker in response to specific actions.
- automatic supervisions messages.
|What's in the box||(1) Keypad
(1) 9 VAC Transformer
(2) 3 Volt batteries
(1) AC terminal Block
- Have had for years. Intermittent problemsReview by Dusty
- Communication to main unit is very unreliable, my unit is <20ft ...Review by name withheld
This unit is a must have or the main unit will have to be placed in a vulnerable location. Very disappointed it does not work properly for this price. I'm not alone, read other reviews and check Youtube regarding the communication problems with this unit. (Posted on 5/18/11)
- I had a comm problem with my first keypad, which was 30 feet ...Review by name withheld
- Very useful, but communication failure error message is an ongoing ...Review by name withheld
- For the person who was complaining about the backlight, there ...Review by name withheld
- Well so far so good...My main panel is on the 2nd floor and this ...Review by William
Only complaint and what doesnt make this GREAT is the backlight doesnt come on when you press any key...you have to hold a key for 2 secs. For $130, when I open the door to expose the numbers, I'd expect the backlight to automatically turn on. (Posted on 5/31/10)
- Nice looking unit that is a must have accessory. Allows you ...Review by richard
- This device is very useful to install at entry/exit. I would ...Review by Bill
I would definitely recommend to friends and family.
Also, when you install this device, please make sure to plug your AC source in so that you can utilize the full features. (Posted on 1/19/09)
- if you buy the powermax the mkp-150 is an absolute must. they ...Review by adam
- I've had this unit for 9 months. It has intermittent problems ...Review by Nathan
Write Your Own Review
|Battery Power Source||Two 3 Volt Lithium batteries, type CR123A (Sanyo or equivalent).|
|Battery Life Expectancy||2 years (for typical use).|
|AC Power Supply (optional)||Plug-in transformer.|
120 VAC, 60 Hz / 9 VAC, 0.35 A min. (in the U.S.A.)
230 VAC, 50 Hz / 9 VAC, 0.35 A min.
|AC Current Drain||Approx. 30 mA standby, 300 mA max. at full load.|
|Display||Single line, backlighted 16-character LCD and 4 LED indicators.|
|Control Functions||Home Arming, Away Arming, Bypass, Disarming, Latchkey, Light ON / OFF, Light Dim / Brightness, Recording, Forced Arming, Panic, Fire and Emergency calls.|
|Sleep Mode||Used to minimize current consumption. The unit enters sleep mode 15 seconds after last use (applies only when using batteries or when there is a power failure).|
|Supervision||A periodic supervision message (programmable) is transmitted automatically once every 15 minutes (Europe), once every 60 minutes (USA), or according to the local standards. This function can be disabled.|
|Tamper Switch||Normally closed. A tamper signal is transmitted in three ways: when the MKP-150 case is opened; when the keypad assembly is separated from the bracket; or if the MKP- 150 unit is ripped from the wall.|
|Operating Frequencies||315 MHz (in USA & Canada) or other UHF channels per local requirement in the country of use.|
|Receiver Type||Super-heterodyne, fixed frequency|
|Receiver Range||600 ft (180 m) in open space|
|Coding||Two-way wireless protocol|
|Operating Temp. Range||0°C to 49°C (32°F to 120°F)|
|Storage Temp. Range||-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Humidity||85% relative humidity, @ 30°C (86°F)|
|Dimensions||172 x 99 x 39 mm (6 7/8 x 3 15/16 x 1 9/16 in.)|