Think about all the unprotected entrances in your home or business.
Where intruder detection is low, installing a cost-efficient door/window contact will increase security and ultimately put your worries at ease. Compatible with the Visonic PowerMax Series, this sleek and sophisticated wireless magnetic contact is a necessary addition that will boost your home security system's monitoring capability.
Wireless means easy installation. Simply attach the contact to a door or window with double-sided tape or screws and it's ready to get to work. With a wireless interface, connecting the contact transmitter to your PowerMax alarm system is a breeze. Avoiding hardwired installation, this door and window sensor replaces labor with technology for a relaxing user-friendly installation experience.
With a powerful built-in magnet, nobody is getting in through a door or window without you knowing about it. The sensor's strong monitoring runs on PowerCode technology- the unit's magnetic contact and auxiliary input create a distinct 24-bit PowerCode ID message randomly selected from 16 million pre-programmed combinations, which identifies it to the receiver as a separate transmitter and insures the signal is unique and cannot be reproduced. And with a built-in anti-collision algorithm, signal jamming is virtually impossible as the unit periodically transmits supervision signals meant to confirm system connectivity at all times.
Your alarm system should never take a break and with a 3V lithium battery, these contacts won't be interrupted with power delays for at least 3 years. Upgrade your PowerMax alarm system with one of the most sophisticated and user-friendly contacts in commercial and residential security system technology.
- Magnetic contact and auxiliary input for external devices
- User-selectable operation of auxiliary input as NC or EOL (end-of-line loop with NC or NO sensors)
- Back tamper switch detects removal from place (model MCT-302 T)
- Superior transmission range
- Fully supervised
- PowerCode ID factory-selected from 16 million possible combinations
- Smart anti-collision mechanism supports multiple simultaneous transmissions
- Long-life standard lithium battery included
- Low-battery signaling
- Compatible with PowerMax(R) and all Visonic PowerCode wireless panels and receivers
|What's in the box||(1) Visonic MCT-302 Wireless Door Window Magnetic Contact Transmitter|
- I needed to use these to interface between Optex and Visonic.Review by Donald
- I have a PowerMax+ system that I installed in the fall of 2007 ...Review by Replacement Battery Brand Matters
- I bought 12 of these transmitters over a period of time, and ...Review by Walter
- works awesome! i use it on my windows i have about 20 of them ...Review by mason
- Great product!! Have owned it for 5 yrs now and not a single ...Review by name withheld
- Bought 24 of these for our windows & doors in Nov 2006. In Nov ...Review by Cynthia
- Easy installation. I used double-sided sticky tape to mount ...Review by name withheld
- Good reliable units with great battery life. I have never had ...Review by name withheld
- works great , got it in apr 2008 ;2 and half years now , and ...Review by joey
and the battery was expected to last only 2years. .
i assume the manufacturer kept the same specifications ;
so if i buy one now in oct 2010, hopefully its same thing.
no false alarms in 31months yet !!! great product.
from newyorkcity- crime capital of the u.s.a.
(Posted on 10/28/10)
- These magnetic sensors work great! My previous alarm system ...Review by LESTER
My previous alarm system used wireless transmitters connected to one or two magnetic door sensors. They were at least four times larger and much harder to conceal. These beauties are small and barely noticeable between the screen and the window.
I had to modify my magnets a bit. There was very little room between the screens and the windows, just enough for the base. The magnets had to mount inside the lip of the window instead of the inner surface. Even then, the cases were too thick. I ended up opening the magnet cases and removing the outer shell. I glued the magnets to the bases directly and mounted these to the inner lip of the window. Perfect spacing. I could have probably mounted the magnets directly to the window, but chose not to.
Transmitter range on these are very good. With the base set for Low Sensitivity I was still able to get a strong signal with the base located at opposite ends of the house (about 12meters apart w/ two walls and a floor between the two). I'd buy more of them if the PowerMax+ base would support more (28 max).
The secondary sensor built into each unit can be connected to an external magnetic switch. If you use a normally closed one you won't need to use the included resistor. If you do use the secondary sensor, it counts as an additional wireless zone.
(Posted on 5/26/08)
- very satisfied with all the items I have purchased so far. the ...Review by Fred
- I have about 15-20 of these installed in my house and not a 1 ...Review by Scott Frahmann
- These are Nice Door Or Window Transmitters i Have 10 In My House ...Review by Rich
Write Your Own Review
|Transmitter ID Code||24-bit digital word - 16 million combinations|
|Overall Message Length||36 bits|
|Alarm inputs||Built-in magnetic reed, plus 1 auxiliary input|
|Input circuit||NC/EOL selectable|
|Message Repetition||Every 3 minutes, or one shot - selectable|
|Supervision||Automatic status report at 1-hour intervals|
|Tamper Response||Report every 3 minutes until the tamper switch is restored.|
|Power Source||3 V lithium battery|
|Nominal Battery Capacity||1.2 Ah|
|Battery Supervision||Battery condition data transmitted as part of hourly status report|
|Compliance with standards||Meets FCC Part 15, ETS 300-220 and MPT1349|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 49°C (32°F to 120°F)|