Not everybody these days has a standard Landline (PSTN). It is no surprise then that cellular technology has become the dominant force in telecommunication; and when it comes to your home security, cellular technology can be used in myriad ways to ensure your property is protected from burglars or home invasion. Let's face it, not everyone is home all day, and sometimes it would be nice to know you're still connected in some way to your property, and be aware of what is happening there at all times.
Enter the GSM-350 Visonic Internal GSM-GPRS Module for Powermax Systems.
Your Powermax alarm system is a powerful tool that helps you keep your home and property safe from intruders. By integrating your GSM-350 Internal Module, however, you will be able to have almost complete control of your system from any part of the world by simply using your personal cellular or smart phone.
With the GSM-350 Internal Module, you can send commands directly to your Powermax System through SMS (text message) channels, so arming, disarming, setting up user codes, and other commands can all be done quickly, easily & with the use of just a few words. Additionally, your system can instantly notify you via SMS/Text messaging that an event has been triggered, including FIRE, BURGLARY, TAMPERING, etc, and will do so with up to 4 users. This means that no matter where you are in the world, you'll be aware of any activity occurring within your home without even having to be there.
Additionally, the Module features two-way communication capabilities.- What this means is that your module can be programmed to actually CALL your private phone to inform you that certain events have been triggered.- If you are unreachable, it can continue calling your phone until you have acknowledged the alert.- Additionally, if you are integrating the use of a Monitoring Station (separate service) with your Powermax System, then the two way voice communication feature will prove even more useful.- An Alarm Monitoring Station Operator can call your private phone to alert you that an event has been triggered, and you can communicate your commands to the operator him/herself.- If, however, an alarm has been triggered and you are at home but unable to reach your phone for various reasons (i.e. an elderly homeowner unable to get up), the monitoring station operator can vocally communicate with you through the Powermax control panel itself to alert you of an event, inquire about your safety, and to process any command you might have.Features:
- Uses GPRS data channel for high-speed, reliable and low-cost communication to the alarm central station*
- Provided as an internal module with the most recent PowerMax® versions**
- Internal redundancy with GSM voice and SMS channels – ensuring maximum reliability in event transmission
- Primary, back-up or dual reporting modes
- Advanced features include: two-way voice communication, SMS control, IP-based remote programming*, and more
Highly reliable communicator:
- Internal redundancy of GPRS, GSM, and SMS – ensures maximum reliability of event transmission to alarm central station
- Based on the internal GSM modules built into most recent PowerMax versions**
- All transmissions are 128bit AES encrypted
- Complies with international security standards and certification for cellular transmissions
- Easy installation and configuration
- GPRS-based remote programming of the control panel*
- Built-in diagnostics for the GPRS functionality
- Optional two-way communication channel to the premises
- SMS event notifications to up to 4 users
- Built-in SMS control interface
- Fully supervised by the IPMP receiver at controllableperiods
Fully compatible with Visonic's IPMP
|What's in the box||(1) Visonic Internal GSM-GPRS Module for PowerMax Systems|
- This GSM is terrible. There is a reason they sell an antenna ...Review by Joseph R
- Unless you live next to a cell tower, this will only work intermittently.Review by Mark G.
All that Visonic has to do is update their software so that this GSM module is only used on alarm calls when the land line is not working (plus periodic test calls so that the SIM card stays active). In those cases, it doesn't matter if there’s static on the line because the alarm company would know that the dialer is only used in emergencies.
(Posted on 2/19/13)
Write Your Own Review
|Redundancy||Internal redundancy of GPRS, GSM, and SMS – ensures maximum reliability of event transmission to alarm central station|
|Encryption||All transmissions are 128bit AES encrypted|
|Compliance||Complies with international security standards and certification for cellular transmissions|
|SMS||SMS event notifications to up to 4 users|
|Interface||Built-in SMS control interface|
|IPMP Compatibility||Fully compatible with Visonic's IPMP|
|IPMP Supervision||Fully supervised by the IPMP receiver at controllable periods|
|Two-way Communication||Optional two-way communication channel to the premises|
|Diagnostics||Built-in diagnostics for the GPRS functionality|
|Programming||CPRS-based remote programming of the control panel*|
|Reliability||Internal redundancy of GPRS, GSM, and SMS – ensures maximum reliability of event transmission to alarm central station|
|*Requires Visonic's IPMP|