The CL-83 is a digital programmable access control keypad. The CL-83M is a similar keypad - mullion type. Each system includes an outdoor, rugged, vandal resistant keypad and an indoor sophisticated microprocessor-controlled keypad
The system users have 56 individual, preprogrammed digital codes (each code includes 1-8 digits), that they must key on the outdoor / indoor keypads, to unlock electrically controlled doors or barriers. More than 100 million code combinations are possible. A penalty timer locks out the keypads for 30 seconds after entering three consecutive erroneous codes. User codes may be individually deleted.
The system has programmable AUXILIARY open-collector output with seven powerful operating modes. Each user code can be programmed to operate the internal RELAY, the AUXILIARY output, or BOTH. An AMBUSH digit, if entered after the last digit of the user code, causes a one-second pulse of the PANIC output, used to send a message to the security personnel if the user is forced to disarm the system under violence or menace.
Indoor Keypad & Control Unit Features
- Functions as the "brain" of the access control system.
- Includes 12 push-buttons, 3 LEDs and buzzer.
- Designed to accept data from both its own keys and from the outdoor keypad.
- Suitable for flush and surface mounting (supplied with a surface mounting box).
- Includes a 10A relay that activates the door strike or performs any desired switching function.
- Programmable on site by use of its own keyboard.
- Non-volatile EEPROM stores programmed data, unaffected by power failure.
- Programmable relay contact closure duration; toggle (latch/ unlatch) mode may be selected if required.
- PANIC output is triggered by pressing the # and * keys simultaneously, on the indoor or outdoor keypad.
- REQUEST TO EXIT remote input trips the relay with a remote switch or a detector.
- Tamper switch option available.
Outdoor Keypad Features
- Rugged, water and vandal resistant keypad.
- Includes 12 push-buttons and 2 LEDs.
- Any of the functions that can be performed by using the indoor keypad push-buttons can also be done by the outdoor keypad push-buttons.
- Tamper protected.
- Suitable for surface mounting.
- Power is received from the indoor keypad.
- Environmental Protection: IP68
|What's in the box||(1) Visonic Anti Vandal Indoor Outdoor Keypad|
Write Your Own Review
|Indoor Keypad and Control Unit
|Code composition||1 to 8 digits, any combination|
|Keypad type||12 keys, 3 X 4, tactile operation|
|Operating voltage||9-16 or 22-26 V AC/DC, selected with jumper|
|Current Drain||15 mA in the standby state, 55 mA with relay and AUXILIARY output active.|
|Power failure immunity||EEPROM retains all programmed information even during total power loss.|
|Other protections||Watch-dog protection from processor hang-up.|
|Relay contact rating||10A /30V AC or DC|
|Relay control||Programmable for 1 – 98 seconds pull-in duration, or for toggle (latching/unlatching) mode.|
|AUX and PANIC output current sinking||Up to 100 mA (each protected by an 18 ohm series resistor).|
|LEDs||Green indicates keypad status Red and yellow have 1K ohm series resistors and terminals for external connections|
|Operating temperature range||-20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 149°F)|
|Size||(H x W x D): 118 x 72 x 33 mm (4-5/8 x 2-3/16 x 1-3/8 in.)|
|Weight||122 g (4.3 oz)|
|Compliance with Standards||CE|
|Housing Material:||Aluminum 6061 T6|
|Number of Keys:||12 (CL-83: 3 x 4 matrix, CL-83M: 2 X 6 matrix)|
|Number of LEDs:||1 green, 1 red|
|Operating Voltage:||Supplied from CL-8A EXT keypad|
|Operating & Storage Temps||-20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 149°F)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||CL-83: 130 x 81 x 19mm (5-1/8 x 3-3/32 x 3/4in.)
CL-83M: 180 x 44 x 21mm (7-1/8 x 1-3/4 x 27/32 in.)
|Weight||CL-83: 290g (10 oz) CL-83M: 310g (10.9 oz)|
|Color||Metallic gray (anodized aluminum)|
|Compliance with Standards||CE|
|Environmental Protection||Waterproof and dustproof (IP68)|