Fire preparedness is essential in any corporate or residential environment. Perhaps the only thing worse than not having an available fire extinguisher at all, however, is to have it vandalized or stolen!
With the STI-6200WIR - STI Wireless Fire Extinguisher Theft Stopper you can help prevent your fire extinguisher from being tampered with or stolen. That's because the STI-6200WIR is an extremely durable and wireless alarm unit that will trigger a piercing sound (105 dB) if the fire extinguisher is removed from its designated area, which will automatically draw attention to the situation at hand. What's more, the red-coated STI-6200WIR unit also features the bold words "STOP, EMERGENCY USE ONLY" on its cover meant to deter anyone from going through with planned vandalism.
The STI-6200WIR is easily mounted next to the fire extinguisher, and is battery powered, so no difficult wiring is required for installation. The great thing about the STI-6200WIR is that it will not prevent accessibility of the fire extinguisher in case of an emergency to either you or fire fighters as a deactivation cable provided for service by authorized personnel.
Because this particular unit is wireless, the STI-34104 - STI 4-Channel Receiver can be integrated with this unit so as to allow you to monitor the device from a remote location. Once the unit is tripped, a wireless signal will be sent to your receiver, which will chime upon being triggered. Conveniently, the receiver can also monitor the power and signal levels for your device, so you won't have to worry about constantly checking whether the STI-6200WIR is properly functioning. Additionally, the receiver is capable of managing up to 4 STI products at the same time from one convenient location.
- Supervised wireless 433mhz (requires 4-Channel Receiver STI-34104 or 8-Channel Receiver STI-34108).
- Highly visible "stop sign" design discourages wrongful use of extinguisher.
- Sounds a powerful 105 dB warning horn when activated, drawing attention in a hurry (95 dB low volume setting can be set if desired).
- Up to 1000 foot (line of sight) range.
- Virtually indestructible polycarbonate housing.
- Compact patented design 5 in. (127mm) in diameter and 1.875in (48mm) deep.
- Mounts easily next to extinguisher
- Deactivation cable provided for service by authorized personnel.
- 9-VDC alkaline battery is provided.
- Typical working properties of polycarbonate are -40° to 250°F (-40° to 121°C).
End user must verify the alarm and battery function every six months and replace battery annually or as required.
|What's in the box||(1) Fire Extinguisher Alarm
(1) 9-VDC Alkaline Battery
Write Your Own Review
|Power Source||9 VDC battery (included)|
|Decible Levels||Selectable 95 dB or 105 dB horn|
|Compliance||FCC & IC Compliant|
|Construction||Virtually indestructable polycarbonate housing|
|Size||Compact design 5.375 in. (137mm) in diameter and 2 in. (51mm deep). Mounts easily next to extinguisher.|
|Wireless Range||Supervised wireless 433 mhz (4 or 8-channel receiver required). Up to 1000 foot (line of sight) range.|