The SC100 - Skylink Wireless Home Security System is a totally wireless alarm system that is very easy to install, program, and use. It requires no hard wiring whatsoever. Just read in our review section and see what customers are saying about the SC100. The recommendations alone will sell this system. With a 100 ft range from each sensor to the control panel, the SC100 is capable of covering approximately 3000 square feet. This is more than enough coverage for a home, apartment, condo, or small business. The SC100 is one of Skylink’s best selling systems. The kit comes with everything you need to install the system, from the batteries to the hardware. The kit includes the control panel which incorporates the keypad and the siren (which is extremely loud at 110dB), 1 motion sensor, 2 door and window transmitters, and a keychain transmitter so you can arm and disarm your system remotely. The kit comes pre-programmed so you can just hook up the system and start using it.
The system can incorporate up to 30 accessories including a smoke detector, flood sensor, external siren, and auto dialer. The auto dialer (sold separately) is designed to call up to 9 pre-programmed phone numbers up to 9 times each, using a personalized emergency message up to 40 seconds long.
The SC100 also utilizes what’s called rolling code technology. Skylink is the first company to incorporate this technology in a home or business security system. This guarantees that the control panel will only recognize radio waves from its remote sensors, which prevents high tech thieves from duplicating signals and tampering with your system.
What is Rolling Code Technology?
Every time you press your remote transmitter to turn the security system on or off, a code is generated which is recognized by the receiver that in turn performs the function. With most security systems there is only one assigned code. Whenever the remote is pressed, it generates the same code making it vulnerable to code grabbers who use electronic scanners to steal the code. With rolling code technology each time the remote is used, it generates a different code which can only be recognized by a rolling code receiver. So even if an electronic scanner picks up the code, the next code will not be the same, making the system safe and secure. This kind of technology also reduces false alarms caused by interference with other radio frequency items.
Here is a recap and some additional SC100 Features –
- DIY Wireless Security System - Easy to install and ready to use, no programming is required.
- Rolling Code Technology - Leading edge technology that provides maximum security and reduces false alarm.
- This system is good for most small to medium size house (i.e. approx. up to 3000 ft2). For larger house, more accessories should be added in order to cover all the premises.
- Works in conjunction with up to 30 Skylink security accessories (including Dial Alert).
- When the siren goes off, it will immediately send a signal to Dial Alert (sold separately) to call the preset phone numbers.
- Can be customized to suit individual specific needs.
- Arm/Disarm using PIN or Keychain Transmitter.
- Includes a piercing 110dB siren.
- Lighted keypad with Chime, Instant, Delay mode.
- Low battery indication.
- AC power with 9V Alkaline battery backup (included).
- No monitoring fees.
|What's in the box||(1) Control Panel
(1) Motion Sensor
(2) Door/Window Contact Sensors
(1) 4B434 Keychain Transmitter
(1) AC adapter
(1) Instruction Manual
(1 pack) mounting materials (Hook & Loop and screws)
All DC Batteries Included