With a slight edge over the original PowerMax Plus, the KIT 2 PowerMax Wireless Alarm Kit is a very affordable and very advanced home monitoring system, created for the do-it-yourself home owner ready to knit a warm blanket of protection over their property and loved ones. Great for homes, apartments, condos and small offices, this durable home security system is the best starter kit for defense against theft and fire.
The keypad is your command center. It houses all of your settings along with the control panel and siren. How will you know if your alarm has been triggered? The keypad incorporates hands free 2-way voice communication for constant connection between you and an alarm monitoring organization. That means full-time security, 24/7!
The big difference between the original PowerMax Plus and the new Kit 2 is the added alarm accessories. This kit includes 3 door and window contacts, a pet immune motion detector and 2 key fobs! For families, these added features make monitoring so much easier and effective - it's no wonder why this is one of the most popular and recommended alarm systems available today.
With these accessories, you get 28 wireless zones of monitoring and 2 hardwired zones. We suggest this product homes, apartments and small offices because that's a perfect amount of coverage for these properties.
- Plug and Protect(TM) fast and easy installation
- Complete home control solution - provides status updates & controls up to 15 electrical devices (dim/bright, etc.)
- Detectors supported: PIR and pet-immune motion detectors; glass-break, flood, smoke and gas detectors; door/window magnetic contact, and more
- Family message center with standard and remote access for voice recording/playback.
- Remotely initiated hands-free 2-way voice communication.
- Latchkey mode informs parents of a child's arrival to the home.
- Easy and convenient programming options.
- Intuitive textual and audible user interface with language adaptation.
- Advanced jamming detection in compliance with the highest industry standards.
- Full compliance with international standards and regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the major difference between the Powermax Plus and Powermax Plus Kit2?
The only significant difference between the two Powermax Kits is that the Powermax Plus Kit 2 includes an extra sensor and keyfob.
How loud is 85 DB
85 decibels sounds about as loud as an alarm clock.
What is the range of the keyfob?
The keyfob has a reported range of up to 150 feet.
What does "hardwired zones" mean?
This means that non-wireless accessories including sensors, keypads and sirens can be attached to and used with your Powermax Plus Kit2.
Is there a code I can input to alert the police of an emergency without a potential intruder knowing I've done so?
Yes, this is known as latchkey. The feature is also frequently used to inform parents of a child's arrival to the home.
What is private number dialed?
If you have your system programmed to latchkey mode, the PowerMax Plus Kit2 is able to deliver a message to any number, including private numbers, when the system is disarmed by a "latchkey user."
What does two way voice mean?
Two-way voice communication allows you to communicate with people present in your household through the Powermax Plus Kit2 by simply dialing into the system using an outside phone. Unlike regular telephone conversations, in which you can interject a few words while the other party speaks, this system allows one way speech at a time.