The GSMVLP4G is an optional communication modules intended for use with Lynx Plus Series/ReadyGuard Plus Series controls, and provide wireless communication with the AlarmNet network for backup delivery of alarm and other messages to the monitoring central station. The modules also support voice communications between the control panel and the Central Station.
Honeywell's GSMVLP4G cellular communication module transmits signals via the AlarmNet-G network (GSM Cellular Network), using GPRS and forwards them to your Central Station. If the GPRS network is unavailable, the GSMVLP4G will attempt to send the tarnsmission via SMS (Short Message Service)
- Quick connection to compatible Lynx Plus Series control panels.
- Simple programming using a 7720P programming tool or via the AlarmNet Direct Website.
- Reports fire, burglary, ans status messages via GSM.
- Allows uploading and downloading of control panelvia GSM.
- Uses 2-way ECP communication with the control.
- Enables two-way voice (AAV) communication between the control and central station via GSM.
- Sends reports in Contact ID format.
- Supports remote control of alarm system via Remote Services Feature
- Fully powered (primary and backup battery) from the control.
The GSMVLP4G provides the following types of supervision and module fault detection:
- Network communication failure: In the event the AlarmNet network does not hear a supervisory message from the module wihthin a specified time ("Supervision" option, 24 hours, 30 days, or none), AlarmNet notifies the central station of a communication failure.
- Communication path failure: In the event the module detects a communication path failure, the control panel can be notified of a trouble condition with the module after a specified time has elapsed.
Remote Service Features
Remote Services allow the end user to cummunicate with their Security System remotely via several features. Availability of this service is controlled by the dealer via the web-based programming tool on the AlarmNet Direct website. Once enabled, the specific programming fields associated with these features can be programmed either remotely using the AlarmNet Direct website or locally using the 7720P Programming Tool. These new web services will allow users to:
- Receive e-mail and text message notificatio of system events (Multi-Mode feature)
- Access their security system from a computer via a website (Remote Access feature)
- Perform system functions and receive confirmations using text messages (SMS feature)
PLEASE NOTE: The GSMVLP4G module requires an AlarmNet account. For new installations, please obtain the account information from the central station prior to programming this module.
The Remote Service Features can only be used with Lynx Plus Series controls Revision 16 or later. Multi Mode (E-mail notification) is intended as a convenience for the user, and does not replace Central Station reporting of critical events (alarms, troubles, etc.)