When you think of basements, bathrooms and laundry rooms- does "home security" ever pop into your head? If not, then you probably haven't been a victim of accidental floods or unmonitored temperatures that cause damage to your property- thankfully. But the possibility of things going array in these areas is a very real threat to your personal and financial devastation. Our advice? Avoid it with the 5821 - Honeywell Wireless Temperature Sensor and Flood Detector. It is wireless, can stand alone or act as a remote temperature sensor or flood detector, protecting areas in your home that are rarely paid attention to.
This environmental sensor detector has five selectable temperature ranges to choose from, protecting all different types of spaces and appliances in your home. For example, "Refrigerate" range alerts you if temperatures are unfavorably shifting inside of your refrigerator. More so, this detector alarm is capable of monitoring cold (45 deg.) temperatures and flood detection simultaneously. With up to a 10 year battery life, this is a customer favorite among completely wireless temperature sensors.
- Five selectable temperature ranges to choose from (hot, warm, cold, refrigerate and freeze)
- Remote Temperature Probe available (T280R) ideal for refrigerator and freezer monitoring
- Flood detection with 470PB External Probe for a wide range of applications; including bathrooms, laundry rooms and basements
- Up to 10 year battery life, which reduces user maintenance
- Completely wireless, which greatly reduces installation time and maximizes placement options
- Capable of monitoring cold (45deg. F) temperature and flood detection simultaneously
- Cold Temperature Detector: 45deg. F When temperature drops below 45deg. F for >10 minutes
- Warm Temperature Detector: 75deg. F When temperature rises above 75deg. F for >10 minutes
- Hot Temperature Detector: 95deg. F When temperature rises above 95deg. F for >10 minutes
- Refrigerator Failure Detector: 42deg. F When temperature rises above 42deg. F for >30 minutes
- Freezer Failure Detector: 10deg. F When temperature rises above 10deg. F for >30 minutes
- Flood Sensor: When 1/4" inch of water is covering the 470PB probe
- "Swinger Suppression" (Hysteresis) of 3deg. F Temperature difference between fault and restore points