The GSMVLP5-4G is an optional communication module intended for use with Lynx Touch Wireless Alarm Kit controls, and provides wireless communication with the AlarmNet network for backup delivery of alarm and other messages to the monitoring central station. It also supports voice communications between the control panel and the Central Station.
This communication module transmits signals via the AlarmNet-G network (GSM cellular network), using GPRS and forwards them to your Central Station. If the GPRS network is unavailable, the GSMVLP5-4G will attempt to send the transmission via SMS.
- Quick connection to compatible Lynx Touch Wireless Alarm Kit
- Simple programming using a 7720P programming tool or via the AlarmNet Website
- Reports fire, burglary and status messages via GSM
- Allows uploading and downloading of control panel data via GSM
- Uses 2-way ECP communication with the control
- Enables two-way voice (AAV) communication between the control
- Sends reports in Contact ID format
- Supports remote control of alarm system via Remote Services Feature
- Fully powered (primary and backup battery) from the control
The GSMVLP5-4G provides the following types of supervision and module fault detection
Network communication failure: IN the event the AlarmNet network does not hear a supervisory message from the module within a specified time (“Supervision” option, 24 hours, 30 days, or none), AlarmNet notifies the central station of a communication failure.
Communication path failure: in the event the module detects a communication path failure, the control panel can be notified of a trouble condition with the module after a specified time has elapsed.
Remote Services Features
Remote Services allow the end user to communicate with their Security System remotely via several features. Availability of this service is controlled by the dealer via the web-based programming tool on the AlarmNet Direct website. Once enabled, the specific programming fields associated with these features can be programmed either remotely using the AlarmNet Direct website or locally using the 7720P Programming Tool. These new web services will allow users to:
- Receive e-mail and text message notification of system events (Multi-Mode feature)
- Access their security system from a computer via a website (Remote Access feature)
- Perform system functions and receive confirmations using text messages (SMS feature)
NOTE: This module requires an AlarmNet account. Please visit Honeywell website for more information.