ION Security PLUNGER-2GIG
- Aesthetic - Fully concealed wireless door sensor
- Simple to specify - Compatible with current 2GIG Wireless Receivers
- Easy to install - Only a drill, a 3/4 inch Forstner bit, and a 1/4 inch wood bit (for antenna insertion) are required
- Composition - Micro-processor, Micro-transmitter, Lithium Battery, Optimized Antenna for superior zone signal
- Long-life Battery - 5+ years (average rating)
A bulky home security system can be an eyesore. Adding to that stress is hard wire installation permanently altering the aesthetics of a room, door or window treatment. With its wireless connectivity and fully concealed platform, however, ION Security PLUNGER-2GIG is a door security sensor that finally eliminates these pesky inconveniences.
ION Security PLUNGER-2GIG's easy 2-step installation process requires just three tools:
- 3/4" Forstener Bit
- 1/4" Wood Bit (for antenna insertion)
Meant to fit snugly on the hinge-side door jamb to be concealed by the closed door, you simply drill a 1 inch deep hole using the 3/4 inch Forstner bit, followed by a 1/4" hole to be drilled into the center of the cavity where the antenna must be inserted. Once you feed the antenna into the 1/4" hole, you merely press and secure the ION PLUNGER-2GIG into the open cavity, and your instillation is complete!
From then on your fear of any burglars spotting your motion sensors and finding alternate and less-secure entryways into your home or commercial space can be forgotten, because the ION Security PLUNGER-2GIG is not only virtually invisible to the naked eye, but it uses a sophisticated wireless transmit that extends to 500 ft of any 2GIG wireless receiver - making it an ideal choice for installing within just about any door of your home or office.
The ION Security Plunger's battery-life is another one of it's convenient features, as its 3.0V Lithium Coin Cell Battery has an average life-span of about 5+ years, ensuring you and your family's safety will not be compromised by the vexing and easily-forgettable task of constantly having to replace your battery.
- Fully concealed wireless door sensor
- Dimensions: 1 in. deep x 3/4 in. wide
- Compatible with GE wireless receivers
- 500 ft open air wireless transmit range
- 3.0V Lithium Coin Cell Battery
How It Works
A captive magnet within the plunger activates a reed switch when the plunger is depressed.
NOTE: The sensor typically protrudes .060" beyond the door jamb. Protrusion may vary slightly.