You've already made a great decision by going with the PowerMax Pro Alarm System. Now it's time to take the PowerMax to the next level with the Visonic Powerlink Module. This alarm module allows you to add cameras to your home security system and incorporate remote monitoring and control from a smart phone, tablet or computer. Connect up to 14 surveillance cameras and view them on-the-go 24/7 with the PowerMax Pro and Express Design Kits!
This module enables full remote control of your PowerMax alarm system- cameras and your normal home alarm. When unwanted activity strikes, you'll receive notifications straight to your internet device (iPhone, iPad, PC, etc.) no matter where you are in the world. You can also monitor system status including arm/disarm, device statuses and X-10 compliant home appliances.
By simply plugging the PowerLink system into a free port on the home internet router, the alarm system is connected to the IP receiver at the central station - with no need to configure the system or the router. This provides a true plug and play experience for both the security installer and alarm central station. In addition, PowerLink provides a rapid supervision mechanism, enabling the central station to enjoy commercial-grade line supervision to all connected home security systems at zero cost.
Add security cameras and witness all the unknown activity taking place on your property daily. Ultimately this module equals peace of mind, wrapped up in a beautifully designed alarm add-on module.
- Provides IP-based event notifications to alarm central stations via Visonic's IPMP (IP Management Platform)
- No router configuration required when used for IP-based event notification purposes
- Built-in secure end-user web portal accessible from all standard PC and mobile phone browsers
- Full control over the PowerMax home security system, including arm/disarm and status view of the system devices, and control of X-10 compliant home appliances
- Provides live and alarm time recorded video feeds from up to 14 cameras, with the ability to save an image for evidence
- Does not require any client software installation
- Does not require a fixed IP at the home premises
- End user event reporting via on-screen alerts, e-mail and mobile messages*
- Enables end users to access the PowerMax event log
- Offered as an internal module for PowerMaxPro and Design Express Kit
- Fully managed by Visonic's IPMP management platform
* Based on capabilities offered by the local service provider
The Powerlink Module is compatible with the following Visonic Cameras:
CAM2000 - 1st Gen Ethernet Fixed
CAM2000WL - 1st Gen. Wi-Fi Fixed
CAM3100 - 2nd Gen. Wi-Fi with IR Fixed
CAM3200 - 2nd Gen. Wi-Fi with IR Pan/Tilt
The Powerlink Module is compatible with several Vivotek model cameras, however we are only able to provide Tech Support for the Visonic models.
PLEASE NOTE: The Powerlink Module is only compatible with PowerMax Pro versions 5.2.08 or higher, as well as the Powermax Design Express Kit
Visonic has released an iPhone app especially for the PLINK2 called My Visonic. Because you simply can't be home every second of the day, this app will allow you full control of your PowerMax home security system from anywhere in the world right through your iPhone. With the My Visonic iPhone app you can ARM/DISARM, view the alarm system's status, view LIVE footage from integrated IP cameras, and even control your X-10 compliant devices, like your lighting or other appliances. The possibilities are nearly endless with the app. Additionally, you can program your system to notify you through e-mail when an event is triggers, be it security, safety, home devices or camera activity - from anywhere on the globe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the PLINK2 Module for remote/web control be added to my Powermax Pro system at any time?
Yes, the Powerlink Module can be added at any time.
Can the PLINK2 Module be integrated into my Powermax Pro system wirelessly?
Unfortunately the Module cannot be connected wirelessly. You must connect the system via an ethernet cable.
The Visonic website does not state that the PLINK2 is compatible with the Powermax Pro, who do I believe?
Unfortunately manufacturer websites may contain outdated information. The Powerlink module is compatible with the Powermax Pro kit versions 5.2.08 or higher.
Is the PLINK2 compatible with Mac computers?
Yes, the PLINK2 is compatible with Mac and PC computers.