Duo-240 - Miniature 360o Ceiling Mount Dual-technology Digital Detector
DUO 240 is a microcomputer-controlled, ceiling-mounted dualtechnology intrusion detector. Its operation is based on two physical phenomena - the infrared (IR) radiation emitted by the
human body and the Doppler frequency shift caused by a person moving in a microwave (MW) field. The IR and MW technologies, when combined in a single detector, complement each other to assure the most reliable detection and immunity to false alarms. The superiority of the DUO 240 over other dual detectors has been achieved by the advent of a True Motion Recognition(TM) algorithm (patented). This advanced motion analysis method provides the DUO 240 with the ability to distinguish between the true motion of a human body and any other disturbances which invariably cause false alarms. Another unique feature of the DUO 240 is the MW Motion Simulator circuit (patents applied for), which simulates the effect created by a human body moving in the MW field. The simulation routine is carried out periodically for self-testing, supervision and assurance that the MW detector operates properly.
Duo-240 is the smallest 360o ceiling-mount dual-technology digital detector available today. It is designed to prevent false alarms in harsh environment conditions that may exist in residential or commercial applications. Boasting a miniature size of 8.6cm (3-3/8 inches) and sleek elegant design, Duo-240 blends inconspicuously into any d?cor.
By combining in a single unit, a passive infrared (PIR) sensor and an active microwave sensor that complement each other, the DUO-240 has an unprecedented ability to distinguish between the motion of a human body and any other disturbance.
The DUO-240 detector implements a new generation of patented technologies including advanced microwave DRO front-end utilizing Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and "True Motion Recognition"(TM) using Fuzzy Logic algorithm (TMR).
Duo-240 has a 360o detection pattern of up to 9m (30ft). It is easily installed in any ceiling up to 4.5m (15 ft), and is durable enough even for harsh environments in residential, office or commercial applications.
The result is the industry's best detection accuracy, false alarm immunity and ultimate long-term reliability - in an elegant professional ceiling-mounted device.
- The world's smallest ceiling-mount dual-technology detector
- Dimensions: 8.6cm (3.4 inch) diameter, 2.5cm (1 inch) depth
- Dual passive infrared and microwave digital technologies for unsurpassed long-term stability and reliability
- Optimized signal processing of both MW and PIR channels for superior detection without false alarms
- Ultimate false alarm immunity based on patented True Motion Recognition with Fuzzy Logic and "Event Verification" algorithm
- 360o detection pattern with floor coverage of up to 10.8m (36ft)
- Durable, sleek and elegant design blends seamlessly into any d?ecor
- Easily installed in any ceiling up to 4.5m (15 ft)
- Suitable for home, office and other commercial applications