When it comes to compact design, Honeywell's 5811 Thin Door/Window Contact Transmitter is perhaps the smallest on the market. Indeed, transmitters are there to detect unwanted intruders, but often large sensors can not only be ugly and distracting, but if an intruder can easily view the sensor he could try to disarm or break it.
The 5811, however, virtually disappears when installed next to standard door/window transmitters, and is ideal for instances in which aesthetics plays a crucial role, such as an ornate window/door design. It is ideal for casement and double-hung windows. The 5811 provides a single zone of protection, and installs easily on doors or windows with the included mounting hardware or double-sided adhesive tape.
Choose a mounting location for the 5811 where the device is stationary and the magnet is mounted to the moving part of the door or window using double-faced tape (supplied) and fixing it to the back of the unit.
The 5811 has a unique serial number permanently assigned during manufacture, which must be entered into the control panel upon installation.
- Extremely compact at 2-1/8" H x 1-3/16" W x 5/16" D
- Provides a single zone of protection and installs easily on doors or windows with included mounting hardware and double-sided adhesive tape
- Mounts directly to window frames
- Easy to open, requires no special tools and includes a case tamper
- Contains long-life 3V lithium battery
- Compatible with all 5800 Series wireless receivers, VISTA and LYNX panels