ION Security PLUNGER
- Aesthetic - Fully concealed wireless door sensor
- Simple to specify - Compatible with current GE Wireless Receivers
- Easy to install - Only a drill, a 3/4 inch Forstner bit, and a 1/4 inch wood bit (for antenna insertion) are required
- Composition - Micro-processor, Micro-transmitter, Lithium Battery, Optimized Antenna for superior zone signal
- Long-life Battery - 5+ years (average rating)
A bulky home security system can be an eyesore. Adding to that stress is hard wire installation permanently altering the aesthetics of a room, door or window treatment. With its wireless connectivity and fully concealed platform, however, ION Security PLUNGER is a door security sensor that finally eliminates these pesky inconveniences.
ION Security's PLUNGER's easy 2-step installation process requires just three tools:
- 3/4" Forstener Bit
- 1/4" Wood Bit (for antenna insertion)
Meant to fit snugly on the hinge-side door jamb to be concealed by the closed door, you simply drill a 1 inch deep hole using the 3/4 inch Forstner bit, followed by a 1/4" hole to be drilled into the center of the cavity where the antenna must be inserted. Once you feed the antenna into the 1/4" hole, you merely press and secure the ION PLUNGER into the open cavity, and your instillation is complete!
From then on your fear of any burglars spotting your motion sensors and finding alternate and less-secure entryways into your home or commercial space can be forgotten, because the ION Security Plunger is not only virtually invisible to the naked eye, but it uses a sophisticated wireless transmit that extends to 500 ft of any GE wireless receiver - making it an ideal choice for installing within just about any door of your home or office.
The ION Security Plunger's battery-life is another one of it's convenient features, as its 3.0V Lithium Coin Cell Battery has an average life-span of about 5+ years, ensuring you and your family's safety will not be compromised by the vexing and easily-forgettable task of constantly having to replace your battery.
- Fully concealed wireless door sensor
- Dimensions: 1 in. deep x 3/4 in. wide
- Compatible with GE wireless receivers
- 500 ft open air wireless transmit range
- 3.0V Lithium Coin Cell Battery
How It Works
A captive magnet within the plunger activates a reed switch when the plunger is depressed.
NOTE: The sensor typically protrudes .060" beyond the door jamb. Protrusion may vary slightly.