The Fire•Lite MS-2 and MS-2E Fire Alarm Control Panels (FACPs) bring the latest in microprocessor technology to conventional fire controls. The MS-2 is compatible with the i³(TM) smoke detectors from System Sensor with drift compensation, maintenance alert, and freeze warning. Automatic synchronization of audio/visual devices with three selections for manufacturer protocol. The Notification Appliance Circuit (NAC) protocol can silence audible devices while strobes continue to flash, using a single pair of wires. The MS-2 is compatible with conventional input devices such as two- and four-wire smoke detectors, pull stations, waterflow devices, tamper switches and other normally-open contact devices. Refer to the Fire•Lite Device Compatibility Document no. 15384 for a complete list of compatible devices. Note: Unless indicated otherwise, the term "MS-2" refers to both MS-2 and MS-2E models.
• Two Style B (Class B) Initiating Device Circuits (IDCs).
• One Style Y (Class B) NAC.
• 24 VDC.
• i³(TM) Technology features:
- Drift compensation automatically adjusts detector sensitivity and increases resistance to false alarms caused by dust accumulation.
- Maintenance Alert LEDs (per zone) warn of excessive dirt accumulation, preventing false alarms (meets NFPA 72 requirements).
- Detector sensitivity is automatically measured by the detector, which automatically adjusts its sensitivity back to the factory settings when it becomes more sensitive due to contaminants settling in the chamber.
- Wireless handheld sensitivity meter eliminates the need for voltmeters, magnets, and a physical connection to the detector. The reader displays sensitivity in terms of percent per foot obscuration and provides text status indication.
- Supervisory LED (per zone) provides warning if a detector senses temperature approaching freezing.
- Special test protocol and LED indication allows quick test of all detectors without need for a ladder.
• NAC synchronization features:
- Synchronization of standard ANSI audible signals as required by NFPA 72.
- Synchronization of ADA compliant strobes per NFPA 72.
- Selectable for System Sensor, Wheelock, and Gentex protocols.
- Selective Silence for manual silence of horns while strobes continue to flash on the same NAC.
- Alarm verification selectable for each zone.
- Disable switches provided per zone.
• NAC programmable for:
- Silence Inhibit
- Auto Silence
- Strobe Synchronization
- Selective Silence (horn-strobe mute)
- Temporal or Steady signal
- Silenceable or Nonsilenceable
• Silent or audible Walk Test operation mode commanded from the front keypad, with automatic return-to-normal after one hour of inactivity.
• Each zone may be programmed for supervisory or fire; each zone has separate red and yellow LEDs.
• Disable switches provided for each zone.
• Form-C Alarm and Trouble relays.
• 3.0 amps total usable current.
• Piezo sounder for alarm, trouble, supervisory and maintenance.
• Control buttons:
- ACK (Acknowledge)
- Alarm Silence
- Walk Test
- Zone Enable/Disable (one per zone)
• LED indicators:
- Fire Alarm (one per zone)
- Supervisory (one per zone)
- Trouble (one per zone)
- Maintenance (one per zone)
- AC Power
- NAC Disable
- Zone Disable
- NAC Fault
- System Trouble
- Power Trouble
- Walk Test
- Alarm Silence
- Earth Fault (on circuit board)
- Battery Fault (on circuit board)
- Charger Fault (on circuit board)
• Optional dress panel.
Activation of a compatible smoke detector or any normally-open fire alarm initiating device activates audible and visual signaling devices, illuminates an indicating LED, sounds the piezo sounder at the FACP, activates the FACP alarm relay and operates an optional module used to notify a remote station or initiate an auxiliary control function.
Sorry we do not offer technical support for this product because of local codes that come into play specifying who must install fire alarm equipment and where and how it must be installed.