Extend Protection Beyond the Perimeter
The newest addition to Honeywell's 5800 Series family of wireless products, the 5800PIR-OD is the ideal solution for providing your customers with reliable outdoor protection.
- Enhance Your Customers' Protection and Awareness:
- Increase homeowners' awareness in residential applications (e.g. driveway alerts, pool areas) protecting boats, trailers, sheds or other outdoor valuables
- Ideal solution for outdoor commercial applications (e.g. protection against copper theft, utility and electrical substations, cellular sites, commercial buildings, car lots, rooftops and more)
- Eliminates the need for trenching, excavating or expensive subcontracting
- False Alarm Prevention: Two passive infrared (PIR) sensors must be tripped to declare an alarm, providing immunity from false alarm caused by pets and other animals
- Can work with video to trigger, tag or enable monitoring or recording
- Great RMR opportunity, especially when integrated with Total Connect
- Weatherproof (IP54 compliant) with a temperature range of -4deg.F to 122deg.F (-20deg.C to 50deg.C)
The 5800PIR-OD is a AA lithium battery powered wireless outdoor motion detector intended for use with Honeywell alarm systems that support 5800 Series wireless devices. The 5800PIR-OD is an ideal solution for outdoor sensing needs in difficult to wire locations- avoiding the costs and time to trench hardwired solutions. It's perfect for both residential (activity monitors, e-mail alerts, turning on video cameras) and commercial (protecting copper theft, utility and electrical substations, cellular sites, commercial buildings, car lots and more) applications.
The 5800PIR-OD consists of two passive infrared (PIR) sensors that must both be tripped to declare an alarm, providing immunity to false alarm sources, pets and other animals. These sensors can be adjusted to alter the detection range. The transmitter can send alarm, tamper and low battery condition messages to the alarm panel.
- Discriminates both large and small animals to reduce false alarms
- Adjustable range patterns from 7' up to 40'. The 90º pattern can also be adjusted throughout a 180º field of view by simply swiveling the housing.
- Battery saving feature allows you to select five seconds of inactivity (for higher security requirements or where up-to-date information is critical) or 120 seconds of inactivity after alarm (for initial notification)
- Immune to bright lights from head lamps, sunlight and other light sources that typically generate false detections
- Full Supervision - The 5800PIR-OD is fully supervised to monitor for low battery, case tamper and trouble conditions
- Versatile Mounting - Whether you choose to affix the detector to a wall or a fence post, mounting is simple with the enclosed hardware
- Tamper Protection - The detector has a built-in tamper switch that can communicate back to the control panel in the event it is removed from the wall
|What is the 5800PIR-OD Wireless Outdoor Motion Detector?
||The 5800PIR-OD is a wireless outdoor motion detector powered by four 1.5V AA lithium batteries. The detector consists of a dual pyro motion sensor assembly coupled with a wireless transmitter. The transmitter can send alarm, tamper and low battery condition messages to the system's receiver.
|How long is the battery life?
||The 5800PIR-OD battery operates up to four years when installed in 120 second mode and up to one and a half years when installed in 5 second mode.
|Will the battery operation be affected at cold temperatures?
||The 5800PIR-OD uses only Duracell AA lithium batteries, rated down to -40º F (-40º C). Temperature is no longer an issue with these great new batteries.
|What is the difference between an outdoor and indoor PIR?
||Indoor PIRs are typically a single pyro design. The 5800PIR-OD is effectively two PIRs that have been cross-zoned. To declare a fault, both PIRs have to see a motion event. Each PIR is looking in a different area, so any debris or animals moving through the protection area need to be in both fields of view to trigger an alarm.
|What else is different?
||Indoor PIRs typically have settings for pulse count 1 or pulse count 2, plus one or two sensitivity levels. The 5800PIR-OD has settings for pulse count 2 and pulse count 4 (for very difficult environments). Each pulse count has three different sensitivity levels. Additionally, you can adjust the range to one of four positions to help ignore bushes, trees or areas with lots of activity that are not desired.
|Where can outdoor motion detectors be installed?
||Ideal residential locations include:
- Pool areas
- Remote garages
Ideal commercial locations include:
- Car lots
- Buildings/sites with copper
- Loading docks
- Fence lines