Monitoring at the Palm of your Hand
|(vMEye screen shot below)|
With the proper use of smart phone applications, the video this DVR captures can be viewed remotely via your iPhone or Blackberry. One such free app for either Smartphone is vMEye produced by SuperDVR.
HS08CH-KIT - Lasertech Complete Surveillance Kit with 8 IR Cameras & H.264 DVR
Putting a surveillance system together can sometimes be time consuming, with extensive research and product knowledge often necessary to make sure all the parts can function together properly-but who has that kind of time? The HS08CH-KIT is an all-in-one kit offers you the utmost in surveillance security! Featuring EIGHT powerful infrared cameras, and a user-friendly Digital Video Recorder equipped with H.264 compression and virus-free Linux O/S, you'll know exactly what is happening around your premises, as well as when it's happening.
This kit is ideal for both commercial and personal use, with the EIGHT Infrared Cameras featuring a sleek and weather resistant design that allow them to be used within both outdoor and indoor settings. Because of their infrared capabilities, they could also record images at night for up to a staggering 45 FEET away, making sure no unwanted intruder will go unnoticed!
The DVR offers a user-friendly interface that allows for convenient hexaplex operation, which means you'll be able to do several operations at once, including record, playback, backup, and-most impressively-mobile phone live view and remote access & control. With mobile phone live view and remote access/control you'll no longer have to wait until you get home from work or vacation to find out who or what has been in and around your premises. Because the DVR player is equipped with internet capabilities, you'll be able to use any smartphone (iPhone/Blackberry/etc) along with Windows Mobile 6.0 and above to log into your camera system and view both archived and real-time footage. With the HS08CH-KIT you'll never miss a single event taking place in your home or property.
(8) Cameras Features:
Note: iPhone and vMEye App not included w/ purchase.
|What's in the box||(1) Digital Video Recorder
(1) User Manual
(1) Remote Control
(1) Power Supply
(8) Infrared cameras
(8) 60ft Cable
(1) Set of Splitter Cables
- Will not Stay on....Terrible warrantyReview by MR.SIP
- Pros: - If you are familiar with the basics of networking, such ...Review by Keith
- If you are familiar with the basics of networking, such as IP addresses, SMTP servers, etc. then it's fairly simple to setup and configure.
- Good Night Vision
- Many features
- E-mail alerts after the first one (in succession) are each delayed about 3 minutes. If someone is walking around you'll get the first e-mail picture within seconds, but you'll keep getting more every 3 minutes. If it tripped 8 time within a few minutes, you wont get the last e-mail snapshot/photo till about 30 minutes later.
iPhone/Android app is 3rd party, not that great-- but it does work.
- No computer software, all software I found that was supposed to work ddidn't and didn't have instructions. The '.ini' config files had the comments written in Chinese.
- The web client is ActiveX which ONLY works on Window, and ONLY with IE 7 or below. IE8 and IE9 would cause the internal webserver to hang. I would then have to reboot the DVR to regain access, and as stated earlier, only with IE7 or below.
I primarily bought this because it said iPhone compatible. Technically this is correct-- it's compatible, but not that great. I returned this product and am currently looking at the Lorex Edge+. Lorex costs a couple hundred more, but you get what you pay for. They received the return about 5 business days ago, but I havent been refunded yet; and I've been on hold for 30 minutes now waiting for hoping to get this straightened out today. Be prepared to wait a while if you need to call HSS tech support.
(Posted on 10/3/11)
- if your looking for something to record than it will work, other ...Review by name withheld
- I was looking for something for our daycare business.I got tired ...Review by kenneth
Write Your Own Review
Digital Video Recorder
|Video Input||BNC 8-Channel Inputs|
|Video Output||BNC x 2 and VGA|
|Audio||RCA Inputs and Output|
|Display Resolution||NTSC: 720 x 480; PAL: 720 x 576|
|Display Frame Rate||NTSC: 240fps; PAL: 200fps|
|Record Resolution||NTSC: 360 x 240 ; PAL: 360 x 288|
|Record Frame Rate||NTSC: 240fps; PAL: 200fps|
|HDD Interface||1 SATA 500GB HDD Pre-Installed, Max. up to 500GB|
|Record Modes||Continuous, Motion Detection, Time Schedule|
|Record Picture Quality||Best, Fine, Normal|
|Channel Playback||Single Channel|
|Sensor & Alarm||8-Channel Inputs / 1-Channel Output|
|Network Interface||RJ45, TCP/IP|
|Network Remote Users||Up to 5 Users Simultaneously|
|USB Interface||USB 2.0 x 2 (Mouse and Thumb Drive)|
|Backup Device||USB 2.0 Thumb Drive|
|Remote Control||IR Remote Control|
|Power Supply||DC 19V (Adapter Included)|
|Image Sensor||1/4" CMOS Color|
|Minimum Luminance||0 LUX with 12 x IR LEDs|
|Lens||3.6mm Fixed Lens|
|Dimensions||2.5" x 3.5"x 2.5"|
|Operation Temperature||14°F~ 104°F|
|Video Output||1.0 Vp-p, 75 Ohms|
|Electronic Shutter||1/50(1/60) - 1/100,000 second|
|S/N Ratio||>= 48db|