With the DVS series, Linear has put together a complete range of home security solutions, so installers can build just about any type of system they need. This tremendous flexibility is made possible by two supervised consoles/control panels with differing capacities, but with identical operating features and the same exceptional performance.
The DVS-1200 is a wireless console intended for apartments, condos, townhouses, smaller homes, and any other sites that require 12 zones of protection or less.The DVS-2400 is for larger residences, offering double the DVS- 1200's capacity - 24 wireless security zones.
Both models feature full-function keypads with an LED display of each sensor/transmitter. The DVS-1200 and the DVS-2400 are uniquely-styled, ultra-compact, UL listed console with concealed antennas (for surface, flush, or tabletop mounting). The heart of both consoles is a superheterodyne radio receiver. Of course, the back-up battery is rechargeable.
The DVS series controls have six operating modes and can be configured for one-button operation, for eight user codes (including duress), and to the SIA false alarm standard. Installation and programming are made easy by quick-learn transmitters and default settings that eliminate many steps.Two optional plug-in boards add valuable communications capabilities, including voice prompts, touch-tone telephone access, and a two-way voice link for central station monitoring. Compatibility with the industry's widest line of transmitters and sensors (Linear's supervised DXS series and non-supervised DX series) means systems can be tailored by site and by need. Available models include door/windows, smokes, glass breaks, bill traps, keypads, and single and multi-channel personal transmitters in a variety of styles (handhelds, pendants, minis, and wristbands).
Linear offers total support for DVS security, including private labeling opportunities, demo kits, consumer literature, and instruction videos. In other words, everything you need for a successful program.
- Rechargeable back-up battery.
- Two outstanding plug-in options - voice prompts, touch-tone telephone access, either with or without two-way voice capabilities.
- Technology rich - superhet-driven superior range, full supervision, 1,000,000+ ID codes.
- Wide array of installer features - from quick-learn
- transmitters to Windows-based programming.
- Full complement of long-life battery transmitters with individual status reporting.
- Common default settings that eliminate programming steps.
- Many features to reduce false alarms: one-button arming; two-way voice link to verify alarms; system mode change confirmation by tones, indicator light, and Englishlanguage voice statements; over 1,000,000+
- ID codes to prevent like-coded transmitters; FIRE and EMERGENCY buttons must be pushed and held for three seconds.
The Model DVS-1200 12-channel Supervised Wireless Security Console is a wireless console intended for apartments, condos, townhouses, homes, and any other sites that require 12 zones of protection or less. The system features a full-function, built-in keypad with an LED display of each sensor/transmitter. The DVS-1200 is a uniquely-styled, ultra-compact, UL listed console with a concealed antenna for surface, flush, or tabletop mounting. The heart of the console is a superheterodyne radio receiver. A rechargeable back-up battery also fits inside the console.
The Model DVS-1200 has six operating modes and can be configured for one-button operation, for eight user codes (including duress).
An optional plug-in Model VB-2 board adds valuable communications capabilities, including voice prompts, touch-tone telephone access, and a two-way voice link for central station monitoring. Compatibility with the industry's widest line of transmitters and sensors (Linear's supervised DXS series and non-supervised DX series) means systems can be tailored by site and by need. Available models include door/windows, smokes, glass breaks, bill traps, keypads, and single and multi-channel personal transmitters in a variety of styles (handhelds, pendants, minis, and wristbands).
Installation and programming are made easy by Linear's RA-2400 remote access software.
- Uniquely-styled, ultra-compact console with concealed antenna
- Surface, flush or tabletop mounting
- 1-button arming and many other user amenities
- Optional voice prompts, touch-tone telephone access, and 2-Way voice
- Quick learn transmitters and windows-based programming via RA-2400 software
- Superheterodyne receiver with up to 1,500 foot range
- Full complement of DX and DXS transmitters for up to a 12 zone system
- Backup battery size: 12 volts, 1.2 Amp/hour
- UL Listed
- Operating Frequency: 315 MHz
- 10.5" H x 7.75" W x 2.87" D
|What's in the box||(1) DVS1200 Console
(2) DXS32 Mini Door/Window Sensors
(1) DXS54 Passive Motion Detector
(1) DXT42 2-Button Keychain Transmitter
(1) VB2 Voice Board and remote telephone Access
(1) Backup Battery
(1) RJ31 Phone Jack.
- Bought this product after a lot of comparison to others. One ...Review by George
- I had one of these in my first house years ago with no problems ...Review by name withheld
- Great system with a lot of options, and it's relatively easy ...Review by name withheld
Write Your Own Review
|Primary Operating Voltage||120 VAC, 60 Hz|
|Transformer||UL listed, Class II, plug-in, 16 VAC, 1.25 A (supplied)|
|Back-Up Battery||1.2 Amp-hour, 12 VDC|
|Operating Frequency||315 MHz ± 100 Kc|
|Sensitivity||-100 dB minimum|
|Antenna Type||Counterpoised bipolar design|
|Compatible RF Formats||Linear DX, DXS|
|Radio Zones||12 supervised|
|PAC Codes||Eight total, including Duress, Installer, five User and Page Alert|
|Operating Modes||Off, Chime, Home, Home Instant, Away, and Test|
|Sensor Types||11 including Automation, Emergency, Panic, Fire, Perimeter, Exit/Entry, Interior Chime Only, Arm/Disarm A, Arm/Disarm B, and Environmental|
|Auxiliary Outputs||Automation, External Console Speaker, and External Alarm Siren|
|Memory||EEPROM retains system programming during total power failure|
|Operating Temperature||32° to 120° F (0° to 49° C)|
|Dialing||DTMF or pulse dialing; pulse speed (10 PPS, 60% break, 40% make)|
|Ringer Equivalence||0.4 B|
|Reporting Formats||4 x 2, 20 PPS, or Ademco Contact ID|
|Telephone Numbers||primary, secondary, and supervisory (paging); Reports: full zone reports, console reports, general system reports, forced arming, and duress PAC
Note: paging application uses the supervisory telephone number to access the pager
|Dimensions||10.5 in H x 7.75 in W x 2.87 in D (267 x 197 x 73 mm)|
|Weight||3 lbs. (1.36 kg)|