The Vista20p alarm system is truly a reliable and powerful security kit with a robust system capacity for expansion. An easy to use hybrid system (both hardwired and wireless), it equips you with everything you need to keep your home or business safe under 24 hour monitoring.
Control your alarm system, even when you're away from home. Global arming is possible with the Vista 20p from any system keypad as well as online IP monitoring. This security system will send alarm signals via Internet Protocol (IP) which improves the speed at which information can be delivered to and from the control panel. Just log on to the internet to arm/disarm your system and to receive activity alerts.
It supports up to 4 graphic keypads with two keypads included in this kit. The event log will hold 100 events with a date/time stamp for your convenience and information recovery.
There are accessories galore in this kit: a control panel, 2 keypads, an indoor siren, a pet-immune wireless infrared motion detector, a couple of 2 point wireless transmitters, 2 magnets and spacer contacts and a key fob for easy control of the system. That's more than enough for almost any home or business, not to mention the 48 zones of protection you get to cover as much ground as you need.
Afraid of a phone line being cut? This system has a built-in phone line cut monitor with programmable delay and annunciation options to keep you alert and protected. With modules and relays, you can control household appliances with the Vista 20p and set specific scheduling for everything: A great capability for expansion if you ever need more. It's no wonder the Vista 20p Security Kit is so popular. The system defines protection made easy and has no limits of control and convenience for your property.
- IP alarm reporting and uploading/downloading capability for Internet and Intranet use via 7845i, 7845i-ENT, 7845GSMR or 7845i-GSM
- Supports four graphic touchscreen keypads
- Wireless keys can be programmed without using zones
- Eight on-board hardwired zones standard (15 when Zone Doubling feature is used)
- 40 hardwire expansion zones
- 40 wireless expansion zones
- Two low current on-board trigger outputs
- 100 Event Log viewable at system keypads with time/date stamp
- 48 system user codes assignable to either partition
- Expandable to 48 total zones when used with hardwired and/or wireless expansion modules
- Two independent partitions plus a common partition
- Global Arming from any system keypad
- Goto function to view or operate one partition from the other
- Separate partition account numbers
- 16 output devices
- Relays (Model 4204 Relay Modules, or 4229 Expansion Module), and/or X-10(R) devices (when used with a 4300 Transformer)
- Four installer-configurable zone types allows the installer to create custom zone types by assigning all zone attributes
- Supports four-wire and up to 16 two-wire smokes
- Works with Sentrol CleanMe(TM) maintenance signal
- Multiple actions on output devices depending on system state
- Turns lights off when system arms
- Turns the same light on when system disarms
- Flashes same lights when system is in alarm
- Built-in phone line cut monitor with programmable delay and annunciation options
- Display on system keypads
- Trigger local sounders
- Trigger system bell
Security Dealer Features
- Automatic System Load Shed
- During extended AC power fail, the system battery will be disconnected to prevent irreversible battery failure. Reduces service calls to replace batteries.
- Dynamic Signaling
- Reduces redundant reporting to the central station when multiple reporting methods are used; i.e. digital dialer and AlarmNet radio
Valuable End-User Features
- Viewable on system keypads:
- Exit countdown
- Time and date display*
- Event log*
- Auto keypad backlighting on entry
- Keyswitch arming
- Programmable macro buttons and single-button arming
- Supports a variety of wireless remote controls for single-button operation
- User Scheduling
- Automatically activates X-10 and relays at programmed times
- Latchkey reports to pagers
- Auto arm/disarm
- "User access" time windows
- Supports up to four end-user numeric pagers
- VIP Module allows system control from any touchtone phone
- Chime by zone
* Requires custom alpha keypad
|What's in the box||(1) Vista 20P Control Panel
(1) 6160 Alpha Keypad
(1) 6150RF Deluxe Fixed Keypad/Receiver
(1) 5800PIR-RES Pet Immune Wireless Infrared
(1) 5834-4 Wireless 4-Button Keyfob
(2) 5816WMWH Ademco 2 Point Wireless Transmitter
(1) WAVE-2 Indoor Siren
(1) BD412 12 Volt 4AH Battery
(1) 16.5 Volt Transformer
(1) Cam Lock
- Like a lot of other folks out there, had an old Brinks system, ...Review by John
The 6160 keypad is great, the 6150RF is just so-so, haven't been able to get the 5834 keyfob programmed just yet. Have done it by-the-book and still doesn't work, nor does the wireless motion sensor. Even watched a few youtube videos and did the exact same steps with no luck.
Like the expandability of the system, right now I have a lot more perimeters to protect than I have actual zones so I will be looking into getting the "4229" zone expander in the near future. Even though the system can do wireless I'd rather get the zone expander and have the wired connection since the wires are already available. The EVL-3 is on the list as well, would be nice to hook up to the router and receive updates via my cell phone.
The Home Security Store got the order completed and shipped out quickly, ordered Friday night, got the system the following Friday afternoon, pretty good from California to Georgia, free shipping! (Posted on 11/22/13)
- Absolutely glad to have made this choice in a home alarm system ...Review by Gary
- I bought this to install in a home that had a new section with ...Review by Tom
The number on thing you must know is that you have to set the address on the 6160 keypad to 16, and the other keypad to something above 16. They both come with an address default of 31, which will NOT work. (Posted on 2/9/13)
- The Vista 20P is a very capable system with lots of room for ...Review by James
- I previously gave this Vista20P a one star rating because I was ...Review by Ken
- Leave the Vista20P security system for the pro's. Stay away from ...Review by Ken
- it has been almost 30 yrs since i was an alarm installer by profession ...Review by name withheld
Bought a house with a cheap ADT sustem already installed but had NO info on the panel so we couldnt even chnge the user code to our own. After calling ADT and getting there HIGH priceds, I decoded to undertake the change out myself.
This system is a great foundation for an alrm system for both home and small business use. The whole change out took abt 4 hrs including removing the old equiptment and installing the new panel. Only thing i used from old system was 3 hard wired door contacts and 1 motion.
Programming took a little while but only becsue i miss read the instructions.
Take your time in planning the programming and you will treat yourself to a feature packed system with lots of room for expansion over the years.
An over all pleasant experience.
Highly recomend this system for busibess use with multiple employees needeing codes for arming and disarming the system.
Captain Charles Creel
(Posted on 5/8/12)
- I've been in the security business with my brother for 37 years.Review by name withheld
- Took 1 day to pull the required wires, another day to progrtam ...Review by Gary
- Before I bought this system I did my homework. I based it on ...Review by name withheld
- Very nice system. My house was pre-wired, so the hardwire portion ...Review by Sean
Bought an extra key fob that was easily entigrated into the system and works very well.
The system can do so much more than I am using it for. I am interested in adding extras in the future!!
Overall, very happy now that it is programmed. (Posted on 9/26/11)
- Ordered this units, installed easily, I am an electronics engineer ...Review by name withheld
- I purchased this system to replace a much older sys. After I ...Review by George
If you plan on a self install don't count on getting any questions answered by Email. If something changes I would be glad to reevaluate. (Posted on 9/6/11)
- We bought a home that had been wired for an alarm system, but ...Review by name withheld
The value cannot be beat and the help after the sale cannot be beat. GREAT company!!! (Posted on 4/20/11)
- This system replaced an ADT system so most of the wiring was ...Review by name withheld
- I ordered the Vista-20p on Monday, I recived it on Tuesday and ...Review by Dean
West Covina, Ca
(Posted on 3/1/11)
- Outstanding! Shipped fast arrived perfect and the installation ...Review by name withheld
- Great platform for one hell of an alarm system! I spent well ...Review by name withheld
- This system is AMAZING! I definitely recommend the kit and spending ...Review by Anthony
Though the set is "wireless", keep in mind the power adapter, siren, and keypads are not, so you still have to find some way of hard wiring them. If you are planning to get another siren, check the amps, because the panel only supplies 2A. (Posted on 7/12/10)
- This was the first system I have ever installed. Concepts were ...Review by Nicholas
- This is a great system. I love wireless. I installed the control ...Review by Josh
- Must read all of the manuals thoroughly before installing and ...Review by Gary