With an easy-to-use touchscreen, great accessories and multiple communication options, the Honeywell Lynx Touch 5100 is a great and reliable wireless security system for homes, apartments and businesses.
A touchscreen keypad means fast and easy control. With a color screen and large icons, you can navigate and set your new alarm system with zero frustration. The keypad also has a built-in speaker with voice announcement of system and zone status. Three panic functions are also built-in to the keypad for fast action in an emergency situation.
Our Wi-Fi communications module (sold separately) offers the lowest cost alarm communications/remote services solution-saving installation time (no data wire to run) and reducing monthly operating costs. Whether used as back-up or primary, the advanced 4G radio finds the best signal (2G, 3G or 4G) in the area - improving longevity and maximizing installation opportunities.
This system comes with 5 alarm accessories including 3 door/window contacts, a key fob and a pet-immune motion detector for pets up to 80 lbs. in weight. With one hardwired and up to 64 zones of coverage (48 programmable plus 16 key fob zones), nothing will get by this self-contained alarm kit.
The Z-Wave(R) connectivity module lets you integrate security, lighting, thermostats and more in one self-contained system providing complete local control at the panel (an optional Wi-Fi enabled wireless Android(TM) tablet keypad is also available). When combining LYNX Touch with Honeywell Total Connect(TM) Remote Services, users can control security, thermostats, lighting, locks and more using their smartphones or PCs from anywhere in the world.
- (Optional) Integrated Z-Wave(R) providing control and integration of
- Door locks
- Scenes, schedules and rules
- Local, automatic and remote control via Total Connect
Please Note: Z-Wave features requires L5100-Z-Wave Communication Module (sold separately).
- Push/Pull content through AlarmNet(R)/Total Connect
- Weather (one day and five day forecasts)
- Dealer/Central station messages (pay your bill, sales opportunities, community news)
- End-user requests for sales or service
- Wi-Fi support
- Alarm communication and lifestyle messaging via the user's router/IP connection
- Enables the mobile entertainment device
- Android(TM)T Mobile Internet Device with L5100 Connect
- Same functions and GUI as the L5100
- Can be wall mounted
- Can be portable
- Optional wall mount not included
- 4.7" color graphic touchscreen
- Resolution 470 x 256 pixels
- 16.7 million colors
- Intuitive easy-to-use touchscreen interface
- Easy to understand icons
- Menu driven navigation
- Quick accurate programming
- Four dedicated keys for everyday functions
- Advanced Protection Logic - With APL enabled, the alarm can be reported even if the system is damaged during the entry and communications delay times. APL can be selected when using Honeywell GSM and IP communicators.
- Voice announcement of system and zone status
- Family message center (for user recorded messages)
- Works with Total Connect - Event notification is easy to set and is changeable by the user
- Voice chime by zone
- Automatic stay arming
- Remote phone control
- Speaker phone operation
- 16 programmable reminders
- "Follow me" reminder and system announcements; users can be notified by phone of reminders and system events. Supports two end-user phone numbers.
- 16 user codes (Installer, Master, plus 14 Secondary, including Duress and Babysitter)
- Three panic functions
- Wall or desk mount
- Viewable event log stores up to 128 events
- Case tamper
- Exit error feature (detects difference between an actual alarm and exit alarm caused by leaving a door open after the exit delay expires)
- RF jam detection
- Quick Exit feature enables users to leave the premises for a brief time without disarming system
- Hinged cover for easy installation
- Real-time clock display
Zones and Devices
- One hardwired zone
- Up to 64 zones (48 programmable plus 16 keyfob zones)
- Supports wireless bidirectional keypads
- GSMVLP5-4G GSM radio option
- ILP5 Internet module option
- Wi-Fi module option
- Internal RJ31X option
- Programmable trigger output
Integrated Z-Wave(R) Support
- Up to three thermostats
- Four door locks
- 40 devices (lights, switches and lamp modules)
- 20 scenes
- 20 rules (event based actions)
- 20 schedules (time based actions)
- IEEE 802.11 B/G/N radio
- Supports alarm reporting
- Four wireless mobile entertainment devices supported
- 4G GSM radio - protocol supports 2G, 3G and 4G on AT&T network
- ADEMCO Contact ID Reporting (four or 10 digit account numbers)
- SIA Format Reporting
- Internet central station communication with ILP5 or Wi-Fi module
- GSM cellular central station communication with GSMVLP5-4G
- IP communications with GSM back-up using L5100-WIFI with GSMVLP5-4G
- Touch activated radio registration
- GSM radio signal strength display
- Two-way voice communication over telephone line or GSM with GSMVLP5-4G
- Honeywell Total Connect(TM) Remote Services including iPhone(R), iPad(R), BlackBerry(R) and Android(TM), using GSMVLP5-4G or ILP5 or Wi-Fi board*
- Built-in 85 dB sounder with voice siren
- Steady output for burglary/panic
- Temporal pulse output for fire and carbon monoxide alarms
- Long range radio/audio alarm verification
- Options stored in EEROM
- Can be uploaded, downloaded or controlled via IBM-compatible computer using Compass Downloader software and specified modem or via
- capable GSM, Wi-Fi or IP communications module
- Intuitive programming interface reduces time and mistakes
- Programming options selected from allowable list
- Contextual options, defaults and pre-fills for faster set-up
- Primary power: plug-in power supply, 110VAC to 9VDC, 2.7A output 300-04705 or 300-04065 (300-04063 in Canada)
- Four or 24-hour backup battery: rechargeable nickel-metal hydride battery pack rated at 7.2Vdc.
- Operating temperature: 32deg. F - 122deg. F (0deg. C - 50deg. C)
6.1" H x 8.5" W x 1.8" D
(15.5cm H x 21.5cm W x 4.5cm D)
*Apple(R), iPhone, iPad and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. Free apps available for Apple(R) iPhone and iPad, BlackBerry and Android devices. iPhone and iPad apps available in Apple's iTunes(R) App StoreSM. Android app available at Android Market. Total Connect(TM) subscribers can download the BlackBerry app by logging into their accounts. Requires Wi-Fi or 3G connection.
(3) 5816 Door/Window Transmitters
Two zone transmitter with both built-in magnetic reed switches and wired closed circuit contact loop.
The 5800 Series of door and window transmitters provide the most reliable, convenient and cost effective solutions for security protection. These devices are powerful and versatile enough to help solve even the toughest, most labor intensive installations.
With a demonstrated outdoor range of over a mile, the 5800 Series has the best performance of any transmitters available today.
- Features a standard white plastic case. Brown cases available in packs of three (5816BR).
- Dimensions: 3-1/16" H x 1-9/16" W x 1-3/16" D
(1) 5800PIR-RES Wireless Motion Detector
Motion sensors come in different shapes and sizes, but few are as compact and yet as sophisticated as the Honeywell Wireless Pet Immune Motion Sensor.
No security system is complete without a motion sensor, as this is what's going to detect unwanted intruders within your home. Because our beloved pets are often left at home while we're away working for the day, however, it's important for a motion sensor to be able to distinguish between a real burglar and the family dog.
Luckily, the 5800PIR-RES features just that. Able to detect animals as large as 80 lbs, this unit will ensure that your alarm system will be virtually immune to false alarms. Additionally, it's range is pretty impressive too!—able to detect motion within a 35' x 40' radius, this unit won't let anything go undetected!
Beause the 5800PIR-RES is half the size of previous Honeywell motion sensors, it's ideal for placing in virtually any part of the room without looking unpleasant. You can also paint the unit any color of your choosing to make sure it matches with the interior of your home!
- Range: 35' x 40' (11m x 12m)
- Battery Life: up to 5 years
- Animal Immunity: 80 lbs
- Operating Temp: 14° to 131°F
(1) 5834-4 - Ademco Honeywell 4 Button Wireless Keyfob
This is an attractive, easy-to-use wireless key remote that enables security system control for the L5100PK - Honeywell Lynx Touch Wireless Alarm Kit.
- 4 buttons with 8 programmable functions
- Tactile keys and LED indication that the transmission was sent
- Icons for simple, easy-to-understand functions
- Supports both standard and high-security encrypted modes
- User replaceable, long-life lithium batteries
- Compatible with Honeywell's 5800 Series wireless products
|What's in the box||(1) Lynx Touch L5100 Master Control
(3) 5816WMWH Wireless Door/Window Transmitters
(1) 5834 Wireless Key Remote
(1) 5800PIR-RES Wireless Motion Detector
(1) 9 VDC Power Supply
(1) Backup Battery
(1) Lynx Touch User Guide
(1) Lynx Touch Programming Guide
- Works out of the box, what more could you ask for? Step one: ...Review by Jillian
Step one: Go and buy a themostat wire (Mine ended up being 25 ft of 18-gauge standard red/black wire). Spend an hour fishing said wire through the wall, cursing multiple times.
Step 2: Discard the manual, it is terrible. No really, use it as kindling.
Step 3: Watch/google Youtube Videos about setting up your L5100PK.
Step 4: Change the master code, install all the modules in the right zones, curse multiple times as you ruin the double-sided tape, go out and buy more double-sided tape, then eventually super-glue the to steel doors. Minnesota in wintertime, it's next to impossible to mount anything to half-frozen doors.
Step 5: Accidentally set off the alarm multiple times, curse as you can't figure out which zone is throwing a fault, and above all else, refuse to call Home Security Tech Support (although you have heard awesome things about it, you're a man and you don't need no help!) and curse some more until you figure it out on your own (mine turned out to be the wrong Loop Number picked for my motion detector).
Step 6: Enjoy your secure home. I came back to buy more door/window alarms, I was worried they are too big for the half-sliding windows, but they work perfectly on the ledge. (Posted on 12/16/13)
- I read the REVIEWS on this product manual and the description ...Review by D
- I bought this system because my old magnum alert system could ...Review by Paul
- I just thought I would post an update on a system after a year ...Review by Cinnman
Maybe not for everyone, but I can highly recommend it for placing on your research list to see if it meets your needs. (Posted on 8/17/13)
- This has been one of the easiest installs I have every done! ...Review by MP
- This is a great system! Easy to install sensors, cameras, thermostat,and ...Review by timothy
- Bought this starter kit and love it. I was able to install/program ...Review by B Jones
I have also added 2 z wave deadbolts, 2 z wave thermostats, and 4 z wave dimmer switches. All of which I am able to control from anywhere on my phone through Total Connect 2.0. The Total Connect 2.0 phone app is great but needs some fine tuning but am confident it will get better with time. With the app I am able to disarm/arm my system, make sure my doors are locked, lock them if they are not, turn lights on and off, see events that have occured, and adjust my thermostats. It will e-mail and text me when pre-selected faults occur, for example: when a liquor or gun cabinet is opened, a specific door is opened, unit is disarmed, alarm, and etc.
The Total Connect basic package was $5 a month through my monitoring company (this $5 was on top of there monitoring fee). An additional $5 a month if you want to control your z wave devices from anywhere you have internet connection, and another $5 if you want the premium service which allows you to monitor all of your zones individually. If you do not wish to monitor specific zones you can save yourself $5 a month and stick with the basic package. If you wanted to add surveilance (camera) funtionality so you can watch your cameras from virtually anywhere, that would be another $5. It sounds like they are nickel and diming you but I have home monitoring, total connect premium, and the automation for $23.95 a month. When I decide to add surveilance, i will still be under $30. The same can't be said for GE line of alarm systems with similar features.
I am also able to make scenes with my z wave devices. For instance, I programmed the 4th button on the remote to be an "evening disarm". With my "evening disarm" button I am able to disarm the system from my car when I get home, turn on the exterior lights, turn on the foyer light, set the thermostats to my "at home" setting and unlock my front door. I can do all this with one push of a button on my key fob remote. When I arm the system in away mode it locks the doors behind me, turns off the lights that I have selected, and turns the thermostat down to my "away setting". When I arm my sytem in stay mode I just have it make sure the doors are locked. I have schedules that do certain things at certain times of the day too. Just remember that you will need to buy the z wave module ($26) for the Lynx 5100 and purchase your z wave light switches, door locks, and thermostats seperately.
I know I said this was all easy (and it is) but it is time consuming and you will spend a lot of time flipping through the pages of the manual. I had the alarm feature itself I had up and running that afternoon and evening. The rest is how crazy you want to get with the z wave automation.
Bottom line: Buy it, you won't regret it. You can't put a price on safety and all the cool z wave automation features are a bonus. (Posted on 2/10/13)
- I purchased this item, it arrived when expected, performed as ...Review by John S
- I am very pleased with my Lynx Touch 5100 system. I have no wiring ...Review by Beth
- I am very pleased with the Lynx Touch. It was very simple to ...Review by Lenny Delvecchio
- Our family has been a user of the Honeywell products for years.Review by Jonathan
When it comes to installing this unit it's super easy. The panel is 4 screws, power, and installing the zones is also supper easy being wireless. And you don't have to be a professional to install this ! Setting it up is easy with the included instructions.
Get this panel ! It's the best. We just retired our L5000 to upgrade to the L5100. We have Total Connect 2.0 with out monitoring and we love it ! (Posted on 11/5/12)
- Great system. I recommend getting the wifi communicator as it ...Review by Jane T
- I really like this system. It has been installed for a couple ...Review by Jonathan
- Bought this to use at a new house that wasn't prewired for alarm.Review by T
Once mounted to the wall and connecting the battery (goes inside the panel) and DC transformer (used 18ga solid fire cable with separate a 14ga ground wire), it booted right up. Went into Tools, entered the installer code (4112), Program, Zones, added the serial numbers of the contacts and it was recognized and triggered the fault correct.
Programming took about an hour although I'll go back to tweak settings after reading the manual.
* Touch response is very fast. Much better than the 6270 keypad
* Icons are intuitive. Zone faults are displayed with a picture (e.g., open window) + zone description
* Initial setup is a snap with the color screen
* AlarmNet not required (using Alarm Relay)
* Spoken zone names (limited vocabulary) is actually helpful. Know what zone is triggered even when not in front of the panel
* Keyfob buttons can be customized (e.g., disabling disarm button in case it is stolen)
* Z-Wave requires an add-on module (not in the kit), but it's cheap.
* GSM requires a very expensive add-on module.
* No support for fire/smoke on the 1 hardwired zone
* Kit comes with 4-hour battery. 24-hour battery purchased separately.
* No option for a 2nd color/full featured panel (as far as I know).
I did purchase the Z-Wave module and got it linked to a wall lamp (with a GE 45604 module). I got the light to turn on/off, but I'm hoping it can automatically turn it on if the alarm is triggered. Home automation is going to require reading the manual. (Posted on 8/7/12)
- Easy install works greatReview by Larry