Honeywell's 5870API is a wireless asset protection device designed to guard against theft. It easily affixes to any valuable requiring protection within a home or business, including paintings, flat screens and other electronics, family heirlooms, safes, machinery, equipment and more.
The 5870API is an ideal solution for early warning notification or alarm verification. The 5870API uses patented Micro-Electro-Mechanical System (MEMS) Accelerometer technology, which senses acceleration in the X and Y axis. When affixed to the protected asset, the device will trigger a "detect" if an attempt is made to move or disturb the asset.
The 5870API is intended for use with Honeywell alarm systems that support 5800 Series wireless devices. The transmitter is fully supervised and can send alarm, tamper, trouble and low battery conditions to the alarm control panel.
What is Asset Protection?
Asset protection is a focused security solution designed to protect specific, tangible assets. Usually these assets are things that people consider valuable, have a high probability of theft or should not be tampered with. The 5870API continues to provide protection even when the panel is disarmed-letting dealers protect against burglary and theft at the same time.
Numerous applications in both the residential and commercial markets exist:
- Expensive electronics - TV, home entertainment equipment
- House safe/gun safe
- Antique collectibles
- Museums and art galleries (paintings and sculptures)
- Hospitals and laboratories (medical equipment)
- Colleges and schools (computers, projectors, laboratory equipment)
- Construction sites (tools and building materials)
- Offices (printers, copiers, computers and cash boxes)
Patented Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) Accelerometer - The 5870API is capable of detecting when an asset is being moved in three distinct modes.
Dual Tamper Protection - The 5870API has both front case cover and rear tamper protection. If attempt is made to remove the front case cover, the internal tamper switch will send a tamper condition. The same tamper switch will protect against removal from the asset (rear tamper protection).
Full Supervision - The 5870API is fully supervised to monitor for low battery, tamper (front case cover and removal from asset) and trouble conditions.
Installer Walk Test Mode
– Installer Test Mode - Upon initial battery power up, the unit will transmit each time it is faulted or restored, which enables you to enroll and test the device. After the sensor transmits its first supervisory message (about 70-80 minutes after power-up), it switches to normal mode.
– Normal Mode - In normal mode there is a three-minute lockout between transmissions, to help conserve battery life. To return to the installer test mode, remove and reinstall the battery.
Quick and Easy Installation - Simply pull the battery tab to enroll the transmitter, peel the adhesive backing tape and secure the 5870API to the asset in the desired location. Two attractive housings are available to blend in with the asset.
|What's in the box||(1) Honeywell Wireless Indoor Asset Protection Device|
- These things really work. Make sure you use Loop 2 unless you ...Review by name withheld
Write Your Own Review
|Operating Temperature||14° F to 122° F (-10° C to 50° C)|
|Operating Humidity||<90% relative humidity (non-condensing)|
|Power||One (included) 3V Panasonic CR2, Sanyo CR2 or Duracell DLCR2 lithium battery|
|Battery Life||Up to three years (depending on interaction with asset)|
|Transmit Frequency||345 MHz|
|Agency Listings||FCC, IC, C-Tick|
|Compatibility||Compatible with all 5800 Series wireless devices|
|Dimensions||1.8"H x 1.7"W x 0.63"D
(45.72mm x 43.18mm x 16.02mm)