Protection For You and Your Family
The GE Interlogix Simon XT Wireless Security System is built for dependency, protection and with your family's safety in mind. Great for homes, apartments and condominiums, this alarm kit has everything you need to keep a closer eye on your property and it is wireless, so installation is fast and simple.
Simplicity and control are echoed throughout this wireless alarm system. The control panel features a large backlit LCD display, nonirritating touchpad controls for arming/disarming and a status speaker that provides voice messages for feedback. For emergency situations, the key pad also displays emergency fast action keys and a microphone for 2-way communication with an alarm monitoring company.
With the Simon's Latch Key Feature, you can monitor your family more than ever before: The panel can be programmed to notify you if the system has not been disarmed by a scheduled time. So if a child breaks curfew, you'll no longer be in the dark about it. System programming can be done from the panel using the built-in touchpad, or off-site using Enterprise Downloader Software (revision 3.4 or later). Note: The built-in receiver works with both Crystal and SAW Learnmode sensors.
Accessories included in this system give you just the right amount of protection. Included are 3 door and window sensors (contacts), a key fob for arming/disarming and emergencies without ever touching the keypad and a pet-immune motion detector for pets up to 40lbs. in weight. No more false alarms from Fido. With these accessories, you get 40 wireless zones of burglary and fire protection from the Simon XT.
Just In Case
Along with the control panel and accessories, a rechargeable 24 hour backup battery is included in case of power failures.
This reliable DIY alarm system also supports off-premise telephone control to arm/disarm the system, check system status, activate no-entry delay, or activate the latchkey feature option. And the Simon XT can send messages to a central monitoring station using SIA or Contact ID (CID) formats. The panel also reports alarms to another land-line phone location or cell phone using Voice Event Notification.
It's clear why the GE Interlogix Simon XT Wireless Security System is one of the most popular in the industry. It's user-friendly, protects you from all angles and always has your family's safety at the top of its to-do list.
- 40 wireless zones - two can be hardwired (normally-closed loop only)
- Built-in PSTN 2-way voice capability (over GSM with optional module)
- Supports both crystal and SAW LearnMode sensors
- Supports repeaters
- Supports 2-way RF products (version-specific)
- Indoor and outdoor motion sensors
- Chime feature for monitoring door, window, or motion activity
- 1 master access code and 8 programmable user access codes of 3 to 6 digits
- SIA or CID central station reporting formats and Voice Event Notification reporting via PSTN (native) and/or optional GSM and IP modules
- Programmable No Activity and No Usage report features
- Meets SIA False Alarm Standards
- 100-event buffer with time-and-date stamp
- Panel voice and beeps that can be disabled
- Program panel with built-in touchpad or Enterprise Downloader software v3.4 or later
- Firmware flash upgrades can be done remotely
- Expansion options
- Internet-based interactivity (with third-party providers)
- Support for on-premises remote control with optional talking touchpad accessory
Note: Not X10 Compatible Yet.
|What's in the box||
(1) Simon XT Security Control System
- Alarm is easy to install, needed to buy different door sensors.Review by Alberto
- I needed a bit of technical support when I was trying to set ...Review by Jim Johnson
- My review of 3/15/12, sensor was good, my fault, tech service ...Review by name withheld
- Manual is horrible. Disc with better manual would not load manual.Review by name withheld
It did work except for the one sensor (Posted on 3/14/12)
- Received my alarm on friday and installed it on a a Sunday morning.Review by Richard
- GE simon XT... BEST ALARM SYSTEM EVER!!! Was super easy to install.Review by Kostas
- So i'm going to try and address issues that other people are ...Review by name withheld
- This is a good system with a few drawbacks: 1) Pretty limited ...Review by name withheld
1) Pretty limited on hard wire inputs, and siren outputs. Siren output cannot drive a large exterior siren like a GS-580S.
2) Panel is apparently vulnerable to being smashed.
3) Talking keypad does not beep at all (e.g. chime or entry delay beep) and does not talk for everything the panel does.
4) Manual is excellent in some areas, poor in others. Particularly, the section dealing with sensor groups seems to assume knowledge an installer, but not a do-it-yourselfer, would have; nor are there sufficient examples. It doesn't explain how the panel injects X10 signals into the house wiring. It does not explain the problem with burglars smashing the panel, and strategies to avoid this.
5) The manual does not match what the panel has for pre-loaded sensor names, forcing you to scroll through interminable numbers of names to find one that fits when "learning" the sensor.
6) The panel does not allow you to use the same security code for dealer, installer and master code.
7) The telephone test cannot be stopped prematurely, and seems inconclusive.
8) The Index is poor, and what's worse, a glossary is not there at all (e.g., what does "siren supervision" mean?).
9) The manual on the CD that came with the system was limited; the manual online at this vendor's site seemed out of date (at least the pictures were for an older panel).
Other than these complaints, it seems to work reasonably well. (Posted on 11/24/11)
- I reviewed systems for 6 months online before deciding on this ...Review by name withheld
Home Security Store Staff is easily contacted and reply quickly to all inquires...The works hard to resolve any issues you may have with programming or installation and they Back their products 100% (Posted on 8/18/11)
- Overall a good product; however cannot believe that GE left out ...Review by name withheld
- Ok, I'll be honest. I have not completed the installation of ...Review by Allen
- nice price and nice features.. trick will be the response time ...Review by name withheld
- Purchased the GE Simon XT nearly two years ago. A great system.Review by name withheld
Highly recommend this alarm system for reliability and ease of use. (Posted on 4/12/11)
- At Front-Line Alert.com this is the unit we install for our SELF ...Review by name withheld
- Great system. Could use another signal out. Used one to indicate ...Review by Ronny
- Very Satisfied!Review by Shannon
- Installed the alarm myself in about 2 hours and that includes ...Review by Matthew
As for this package deal I wish i would have done it a little differnt. Although it all works great, the door sensors are kind of big and are very noticable on the doors. If i had it to do over again i would buy just the Control station and then buy the SMALLER sensors seperatly. Plus i have no need for the keyfob so that was kind of a waste for me. It would come out to be about the same price and your doors would look much better. Other than the large sensors this thing is great and easy to install, even for a first time installer like myself. (Posted on 10/10/10)
- Easy to install in retrospective. However, it look me about ...Review by name withheld
1. Manual is NOT written well. Groups were confusing to me.
2. Door sensors (NX-650) was extremely hard to prop open to trip it or for battery replacement. I recommend using a strong 3M double sided tape rather than nailing the sensor
Overall very satisfied, except manuals are poorly written and be ready to call tech support. (Posted on 10/6/10)
- Very easy to install! Works great and when coupled with the exterior ...Review by name withheld
- This is my first home alarm system i installed and WOW it was ...Review by James
- i just installed this alarm myself. Very easy to install program.Review by name withheld
- Absolutely a great system,, i am an installer and it is so easy ...Review by Thomas
- This is an outstanding product and easy to install. Got the entire ...Review by name withheld
(Posted on 7/2/10)
- I've just purchased the 80-649-3N-XT GE SIMON XT WIRELESS, So ...Review by Claudio
Claudio, Miami, FL. (Posted on 12/24/09)
Write Your Own Review
|Required Transformer||Class II, 9 VAC, 3.34A, 60 Hz (60-899, 60-899-CN in Canada)|
|Fuse||Non-replaceable transformer fuse|
|Backup Batteries||6 VDC, 1.2 Ah lead acid (60-914)|
|Backup Time||24 hours (fully charged)|
|Battery Test||10 seconds under load every 4 hours|
|Frequency||319.5 MHz/ Bandwidth 350 kHz|
|Sensitivity||-110 dBm nominal|
|Nom. range without GSM module present||1000-ft. open-air receiving range|
|Nom. range with GSM module present||approx. 500-ft. open-air receiving range|
|Dialing||DTMF or pulse|
|Modem||Modified Bell 103 (110 or 300 bps)|
|Telephone Interface||Line seizure relay Inputs/outputs|
|Total Input Zones||40 or 38 wireless and 2 hardwire (normally-closed loop only)|
|Auxiliary Power||Unregulated 5.1 to 12 VDC; power-limited to 250 mA (maximum) @ 10 VDC|
|Siren Output||1 Hardwire Interior Siren (5.1 to 9 VDC)|
|Digitization Type||Continuous Variable Slope Delta (CVSD) Modulation|
|Playback Rate||88,200 bits/second|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 122°F (0 to 49°C)|
|Relative Humidity||90% max., noncondensing|
|Dimensions (LxWxD)||5.7 in. x 7.05 in. x 2.1 in. (144 mm x 179 mm x 53 mm)|
|Weight, without battery||1.0 lb. (454 g)|
|FCC||Part 15, Part 68|
|UL||985, 1023, 1635/ULC Listing ORDC102319-74,ULC-S545-M89|
|CSFM||California State Fire Marshall|