Powering Change with the PowerSeries TouchScreen Keypad
The PowerSeries TouchScreen keypad delivers an easy interactive way to manage and control security systems - at the touch of a finger. The TouchScreen keypad - the nerve center of the security system - combines the keypad functionality users and installers have come to expect with an intuitive interface. Seamlessly integrated with PowerSeries security systems, the sleek, contemporary and modern look is valued by the homeowners; installers will appreciate the easy installation and programming features they have come to expect from DSC products. Powering change - one touch at a time.
Features That Make a Difference
- Intuitive menu-driven interface for the user
- Responsive, high-resolution 7" (177.8 mm) full color touchscreen
- Configurable home screen
- Built-in and easy-to-update digital picture frame using integrated SD card slot
- Clean, low-profile case in either white or silver blends into any decor
- Quick-view LED status indicators (Ready, Armed, Trouble and AC Power)
- Authorized users can easily customize home screen to display commonly-used icons
- Displays time and date
Easy to Install
The PowerSeries TouchScreen keypad has been designed with the user and installer in mind. For the user, menu driven, intuitive screens make programming very easy to configure desired options. The installer will also have the ability to do installer programming from virtual keypad, as well directly through the PowerSeries TouchScreen keypad. Building from the default or optional displays, the installer can quickly configure five of the graphical icons from over 10 options, depending on the user's needs. With up to 8 partitions available, the PowerSeries TouchScreen keypad offers the benefits of a multi-partition control panel without changing the control panel and lets each partition zone act independently from the rest of the system.
The TouchScreen display can be easily customized for the user. For example if the user doesn't want to see partitions but wants to turn the chimes on and off, simply hide / display the appropriate icons. The clutter-free home screen can be easily modified later by the installer through password-protected setting menus. The background of the home screen can be easily customized by the installer to display company logos, contact information, pictures, etc.
Easy for Users
The PowerSeries TouchScreen keypad has been designed with the user at 'top of mind'. Large, clearly recognizable on-screen buttons and intuitive menu-driven screens facilitate ease of use and programming. For example, to access the Fire, Auxillary, Panic (FAP) keys, users just press the EMERGENCY button on the sidebar. LED status lights on the bottom of the frame provide a quick visual check on the security system.
The integrated digital picture frame gives homeowners the flexibility to display photos as a single photo or a timed slideshow or default background screen. Just insert an updated standard SD card into the SD slot and follow the on-screen prompts, similar to other 'off-theshelf' digital picture frames.
In addition, the sleek profile and contemporary design adds a modern touch and comes in either white or silver to seamlessly blend into any decor.
|What's in the box||(1) DSC Powerseries 7" Full Color Touch Screen Keypad|
- This is a really nice product. Gives system a high end feel. I ...Review by christopher
I agree with an earlier review - door chime is very quiet when set to highest volume. It can't cost but pennies to use a different part and make it louder. Also Boggles my mind at this price point that it does NOT include a wireless receiver.
I'd give it 5 stars if it had wireless. I recommend for anyone who wants a good looking screen. I'll continue to use in my other installations. (Posted on 1/20/14)
- This is a great keypad. Modern looking, easy to program a system ...Review by Claus
- lots of cool things it makes my room look very nice Review by mike
- This touch screen is awesome. For programming I recommend a ...Review by jeffrey
- This unit has a nice interface, and works OK, but is not worth ...Review by Israel
1) Low volume. Even with the volume cranked all the way up, this keypad beeper is still WAY quieter than that on the PK5500. I have door chimes enabled, and when I open my back door (in the living room) I can hear the PK5500 in my bedroom down the hall better than I can this one on the other side of the living room
2) No customizable door chimes. On all the PK series keypads you can choose from four different chime sounds for when a zone opens. Not so on this one - it's six beeps or nothing.
3) You can't fully program a system with a TR5164 module using this keypad - you can program wireless sensors for zones, but you can't program wireless keys, or anything else in any section above subsection 99 of section 804. While the TR5164 uses three-digit sub-section numbers, this keypad only allows for a two digit sub-section entry.
In short, for $250 I was expecting to get the best keypad available, only to find it fell short of the other options in several areas. On the other hand, if you don't care about door chimes, and don't have a TR5164 module on your system, this keypad does give a nice control interface. It's just not worth $250. (Posted on 7/11/13)
- As an installer, I am VERY impressed with this new keypad if ...Review by Craig
A note for DIY'ers who may be thinking of purchasing this keypad to replace their existing keypad... These things draw a great deal of power at 300mA or 400mA each in high brightness mode compared to 135mA which is the max DSC's previous keypads may have drawn each.
On many systems with a good number of motions, smoke detectors... this will require adding an additional module, batter and transformer to provide the additional needed power. (Posted on 11/16/12)
Write Your Own Review
|TouchScreen display||8.5" x 5.1" x 0.8" 127.9 mm (L) x 195 mm (W) x 20.35 mm (D)|
|Viewing angle||Horizontal viewing angle: 70° (typ.)
Vertical viewing angle: 50° (top), 70° (bottom) (typ.)
|Optimal viewing quality (resolution)||800 x 480|
|Input voltage||12 VDC|
|Current draw||200 mA (standby) / 300 mA (activated)|
|Distance between keypad
and control panel
|60 m (200 ft.) (max.)|
|Operating environment||0 to 49 °C (32 to 120 °F)
5 to 93% relative humidity
|SD card slot||Holds any standard Secure Digital (SD) card (32 x 24 x 2.1 mm) containing photos|
|Wiring||Standard four-wire connection|
|Display language||English, French, Spanish, Portuguese|
|Compatibility||PowerSeries v4.2 and higher|