DSC is one of the best alarm manufacturers on the market today.- With that being said, the Alexor series of 2-way wireless alarms has become a hallmark for DSC.- The KIT495-1GCP01 - DSC Alexor 2-Way Wireless Alarm Kit w/ GSM offers greater protection with complete security via a host of devices, including keypads, sirens, detectors and wireless keys.- In addition, the KIT495-1GCP01 supports GSM.
The Power of Speed with Wireless Installation
The Alexor Wireless Panel is the center component of DSC's 2-Way Wireless Security Suite. -Because it operates completely wirelessly, homeowners and installers have fewer holes to drill and fewer wires to pull. -The system - with its full complement of exclusively compatible wireless accessories, detectors and keypads - takes far less time to install than traditional wired or hybrid systems. -
Security without Compromise
Alexor is a wireless control panel, the virtual "brain" of the security suite. -Because it is a distributed system, the panel is not attached to the keypad physically, but rather wirelessly. -Designed for flexible, secure installation locations within the home, as long as there is access to AC power, Alexor operates via up to four wire-free keypads (the WT5500). -If the system changes its armed state or a wireless device is tampered with, Alexor will immediately be signaled and the appropriate transmission will instantly be transmitted to the monitoring station. -And because the signals between Alexor Wireless Panel and its wireless peripherals are fully encrypted,communication between all devices is exceptionally secure. -The Alexor offers all the reliability of traditional wired/hybrid control panels but with all the convenience that wireless delivers.
Additional Back-up Features via GSM/GPRS and IP Communication Streams
DSC has designed two back-up communicators specifically for Alexor series. -The TL265GS Internet and GSM/GPRS Dual-Path Alarm Communicator communicates via the IP or GSM/GPRS channels, and the GS2065 GSM/GPRS Wireless Alarm Communicator through the GSM/GPRS channel.
Please note that this particular kit does not feature IP Communication Streams.- If you find interest in that feature please visit: KIT495-15DCP01.
Both methods of communication (be that GSM and IP) provide additional back-up (to the traditional phone line communication) alarm communication methods. -If the phone line is tampered with, Alexor will instantly switch over to one of the back-up communication streams for its alarm signals. -These options are also ideal for homes that rely on either Voice Over IP (VoIP) or mobile phones for their home phone service. -With a practically plug-in and play connection to the Alexor, the communicators conveniently utilize the existing Internet connection and/or the GPRS data channel of the GSM network (depending on which communicator is chosen) to ensure high speed, reliable and secure alarm communications. -Wireless Device Enrollment & Template Programming Further Simplify Installation DSC's installation processes and programming help to further reduce the installer's time. -The wireless device enrollment process ensures that installers no longer need to manually program serial numbers or wireless attributes. -Instead, a series of enrollment screens prompt installers to confirm Electronic Serial Numbers (ESN), zone numbers and zone type. -Template programming allows installers to quickly program the functions required for basic operation by entering a 4-digit code. -Code prompts exist for predefined zone definitions, reporting code formats, communication call directions, and DLS setup.
- Supports 32 wireless zones and 16 wireless keys (without using a zone slot)
- 16 user codes, 1 master code and 1 maintenance code
- Wireless Quick Enroll
- Template programming
- Account Code Error Checking (patent pending)
- Alternate communications via GSM/GPRS and IP
- Local and remote downloading
- 500 event buffer
- 4 communication phone numbers
- 2 Input/Output terminals
- Front and back tamper
- Onboard Siren at 85dB
- False alarm reduction features (CP-01)
Compatibility & Supported Products
- WT5500 2-Way Wire-Free Keypads (up to 4)
- WT4901 2-Way Indoor Wireless Sirens or WT4911 Outdoor Sirens or a combination of both (up to 4 in total)
- WT4989 2-Way Wireless Key
- WS4913 Wireless Carbon Monoxide Sensor
- WS4985 Wireless Flood Sensor
- GS2065 GSM/GPRS Communicator
- TL265GS GSM/GPRS & IP Dual-Path Communicator
- All DSC 433 MHz wireless devices
|What's in the box||
(1) PC9155 Alexor 2-Way Wireless Panel w/ built-in GS2065 GSM/GPRS Communicator
- I deliberately waited before I posted a review for this product.Review by name withheld
• Alexor was easy to install – in spite of the advanced features
• The system has worked very well with no false alarms like I had on previous system
• I can make changes to my system without paying for a technician
• The response time is very fast – the best I’ve experienced. When I do a routine test with Alarm Relay, the signal is received within seconds – no joke!
• Alarm Relay technical support and service is outstanding and they are UL listed.
• I would highly recommend this system to anyone who bought a home that was not prewired for a system. My home is about 3000 sq. ft. and I had no problem at all with signals from wireless transmitters.
(Posted on 5/14/12)
- This system has been installed for just over a year now. After ...Review by name withheld
- My wife and I absolutely love this system as we have been using ...Review by name withheld
- When first reviewing the manual, it might seem difficult... but ...Review by name withheld
- Excellent equipment, this is the first wireless system I installed ...Review by name withheld
- We are VERY happy with this system!!! An equivalent system from ...Review by name withheld
Installation was super easy and the setup with Alram Relay for monitoring was done over the phone, at the time we selected, in a quick, easy, fun, informative and supportive manner.
We will DEFINATELY be being from Home Security Store for our next house, too!!
E&D, St. Louis, MO (Posted on 9/11/10)
Write Your Own Review
|Dimensions||8.5"x 10.5" x 2.4" (216mm × 267mm × 61 mm)|
|Weight||4.1 lbs (1.83 kg)|
|Current Draw||350 mA (Maximum)|
|Power Supply||16.5 VAC/20 VA @ 50/60 Hz|
|Aux Output||12.0-12.5 VDC/200 mA|
|Battery Backup||12.0-12.5 VDC/200 mA|
|Wireless Range||984ft/300m Nominal Open Air|
|Operating Environment||32° to 120° F (0° to 49° C)|
|Relative Humidity||0% to 93%|