This Is Where You Start Building
The DSC 1832 Wireless Ready Security Kit is a powerful home security starter kit with room for a great expansion.
Everything You Need
First, you'll need a control panel to run the system. That control panel needs power (see item UB1640RES) and phone line connection. Then comes the keypad. The keypad arms and disarms your accessories and is your emergency connection to an alarm monitoring company. All of these items (Except item UB1640RES) are included in this convenient kit along with simple do-it-yourself installation.
Then, there's the accessories. This is where you boost your security system's capabilities. What's great about this system is that it eliminates guesswork when selecting accessories. Included is an interior surface mount siren, loud enough to wake you from a deep sleep, and a digital PIR (Passive Infrared) motion detector with pet-immunity to avoid false alarms. With the included accessories you get 8 hardware input zones- great coverage for a beginner alarm kit.
Ready For Expansion
If you want to expand your system (add motion detectors, door and window sensors, etc.), this alarm kit supports up to 32 hardwired or wireless zones and supports up to 8 key pads. It's ready for expansion when you are.
The Past and The Present
To keep past and present POWERSERIES systems flush, this alarm system is backward compatible with all previous generation modules and key pads, except this one has over 100 new features.
Among the new products comprising the updated POWERSERIES product platform are three new control panels. Each control panel shares a universal hardware/software design that ensures an equal and rich feature set and easy future expandability. With near limitless capabilities, the control panels seamlessly integrate with our award-winning Internet and network alarm communicators (T-Link), industry-leading visual alarm verification module (VVM110), SKYROUTE wireless alarm communicator and other specialty modules, wireless devices and structured cabling solutions. If you're already familiar with POWERSERIES, the new platform will be an easy transition for you. Despite the addition of a number of value-added features, traditional programming remains unchanged, as does the installation process.
Features Now Standard Throughout the POWERSERIES Platform
- SIA CP-01 compliant
- Partitionable auto-arm timer
- Zone follower output
- No activity arming
- Automatic Contact ID
- Day zone
- PGM output timer
- Cross zoning
Features New to the POWERSERIES Platform
- 500-event buffer
- Single architectural design for universal feature set
- Full module compatibility across POWERSERIES platform
- Retains backward compatibility with all POWERSERIES modules
- Hardware/Software architecture easily accommodates
- future expandability
- Programmable daylight savings time
- Night zone
- Time function key
All POWERSERIES control panels are compliant with the Security Industry Association (SIA) CP-01 standard. As more and more cities begin to incorporate this standard into their alarm ordinances for new installations, the occurrence of invalid alarm activations will be significantly reduced or eliminated.
POWERSERIES control panels are fully compatible, and backward compatible, with all available keypads and modules across the platform.
|What's in the box||
(1) Power1832 Alarm Control Panel - Cabinet 11.5" x 11" x 3"
- DSC Powerseries PC1832 Works GreatReview by Charles
- I have installed the Powerseries security systems in 4 homes with good results. I shopped around for something a little easier to program and something that would work with my smartphone. After spending several hours, the top system turned out to be the DSC Powerseries again. I don't care for signing up for the locked-in $35+ monthly monitoring fees. I want something I can count on and a system that will alert me to a breakin. I want to make sure all windows and doors are closed using my phone or keypad. I WANT TO BE IN CONTROL. This system meets my goals with the addition of the Envisalink 3 Module to tie in my smartphone. All the other systems have huge and goofy looking wireless sensors or you must pay monthly fees to tie in your smartphone. (Posted on 5/24/2015)
Write Your Own Review
Main Control Panel Features
|Hardwired Zones||32 (3 x PC5108)|
|Keypad Zone Support||Yes|
|On-board PGM Outputs||PGM 1 = 50 mA
PGM 2 = 300 mA
|PGM Expansion||8 x 50 mA (PC5208)
4 x 500 mA (PC5204)
|User Codes||32+ Master Codes|
|Event Buffer||500 Events|
|Battery Required||4 Ah / 7 Ah / 14 AHr|
|Bell Ouput||12 V / 700 mA (cont)|
|Power Supply||16.5 VAC/40 VA @ 60 Hz|
|Current Draw (Panel)||110 mA (Nominal)|
|Auxiliary + Output||11.1 – 12.6 VDC/550 mA|
|Bell Output||11.1 – 12.6 VDC/700 mA|
|Operating Environment||32° to 120° F
(0° to 49° C)