The TA-900 TempAlarm offers the best protection for your home, cabin or business and provides the convenience of remote temperature monitoring.-This device is able to call up to 3 different telephone numbers in the event that the temperature gets to be too low, too high, or even if the power goes out within your properties, as well as provide an audible alarm of 90 decibels which can alert building occupants or others nearby. This alarm is able to call up to three telephone numbers, so if you personally miss this important call others you know can be notified. If no one can be reached, the system will make repeated calls until the alarm is acknowledged, and can even leave voicemail and answering machine messages for those unable to pick up.
You can have full control of your system remotely, as its Quick Status Check feature allows you to check current temperature, power and back-up battery status with a quick phone call. All menu prompts and alarm messages are in English. Conveniently, the system also allows you to attach relay contacts, which means that the TA-900 can be connected to a visual alarm, security system, remote alarm, etc. So when the temperature goes out of range, the system will close those relay contacts and set off the integrated additional systems.
Please view our accessories tab to view or purchase the wireless Temperature Sensor that is compatible with this unit.
- Automatically calls up to three phone numbers if the temperature gets out of range, the power goes out or the back-up battery requires replacing.
- Quick Status Check(TM) feature allows you to check the current temperature, power and back-up battery status with a simple 15 second phone call.
- Monitors both high and low temperature setpoints at the same time making this model perfect for monitoring a deep freezer, walk-in cooler, greenhouse or garage.
- 90 decibel audible alarm alerts building occupants of out of range temperature conditions.
- Alarm relay contacts can be used to activate a visual alarm or a remote alarm.
- Backup battery keeps the unit operating even during a power failure.-Unit can call out for up to 18 hours on a fresh 9 volt battery provided you have telephone service during a power failure.-See our document about Digital Telephone Services.
- Power Out Timer allows you to select the amount of time the power must be out before it calls you with a power out alarm. -This helps to prevent unwanted alarm calls from short power failures.
- Wide Temperature Range allows you to monitor any temperature from -50 to 300deg.F (-55 to 150deg.C).
- Automatically resets when you have acknowledged the alarm and corrected the alarm condition.
- Remotely change any of the programming options, remotely cancel the alarm call-out and remotely check status via our Quick Status Check(TM) feature.
- Security code prevents unauthorized access.
- Listen to temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- No monitoring fees or installation costs (although an HVAC or electrical contractor is recommended if you are installing this to interface with your heating and/or air conditioning system).
- The TA-900 TempAlarm(TM) easily works with answering machines or voice mail.-If you have an answering machine or voice mail at the location you are monitoring, you can still receive messages or you can access your TA-900 TempAlarm(TM) through a simple procedure.-If the TA-900 TempAlarm(TM) is calling locations that have voice mail or answering machines, you will hear all or a portion of the alarm message on your message system.
- The TA-900 TempAlarm(TM) uses your existing telephone line to make outgoing alarm calls.-You do not need an additional line, but you do need a regular telephone line.-Most DSL, VOIP and digital phone systems work just fine, but testing with these systems is essential.
- The TA-900 TempAlarm(TM) plugs into a regular 110 volt power outlet, but uses a 9 volt lithium alkaline battery for back-up power.-The nine volt battery is not included.-Lithium 9 volt batteries are highly recommended over alkaline batteries.-They last longer in colder temperatures and hold their power much better when you have frequent power failures.-9 volt Lithium batteries are available at many hardware stores or directly from Protected Home.
|What's in the box||
(1) Base Station Receiver with built-in telephone dialer