BG-12LO: Same as BG-12L with "outdoor use" listing. Does not include backbox.
The Fire·Lite BG-12 Series is a cost-effective, feature-packed series of non-coded manual fire alarm pull stations. It was designed to meet multiple applications with the installer and end-user in mind. The BG-12 Series features a variety of models including single- and dual-action versions. The BG-12 Series provides FireLite Alarm Control Panels (FACPs), as well as other manufacturers' controls, with a manual alarm initiating input signal. Its innovative design, durable construction, and multiple mounting options make the BG-12 Series simple to install, maintain, and operate.
- Cover, backplate and operation handle are all molded of durable polycarbonate material.
- Cover features white lettering and trim.
- Red color matches System Sensor's popular SpectrAlert Advance horn/strobe series.
The BG-12 manual pull stations provide a textured finger-hold area that includes Braille text. In addition to PUSH IN and PULL DOWN text, there are arrows indicating how to operate the station, provided for non-English-speaking people. Pushing in and then pulling down on the handle activates the normally-open alarm switch. Once latched in the down position, the word "ACTIVATED" appears at the top in bright yellow, with a portion of the handle protruding at the bottom as a visible flag. Resetting the station is simple: insert the key, twist one quarterturn, then open the station's front cover, causing the springloaded operation handle to return to its original position. The alarm switch can then be reset to its normal (non-alarm) position manually (by hand) or by closing the station's front cover, which automatically resets the switch.
- Aesthetically pleasing, highly visible design and color.
- Attractive contoured shape and light textured finish.
- Meets ADA 5 lb. maximum pull-force.
- Meets UL 38, Standard for Manually Actuated Signaling Boxes.
- Easily operated(single- or dual-action), yet designed to prevent false alarms when bumped, shaken, or jarred.
- PUSH IN/PULL DOWN handle latches in the down position to clearly indicate the station has been operated.
- The word "ACTIVATED" appears on top of the handle in bright yellow, further indicating operation of the station.
- Operation handle features white arrows showing basic operation direction for non-English-speaking persons.
- Braille text included on finger-hold area of operation handle and across top of handle.
- Multiple hex- and key-lock models available.
- U.S. patented hex-lock needs only a quarter-turn to lock/ unlock.
- Station can be opened for inspection and maintenance without initiating an alarm.
- Product ID label viewable by simply opening the cover; label is made of a durable long-life material.
- The words "NORMAL" and "ACTIVATED" are molded into the plastic adjacent to the alarm switch (located inside).
- Four-position terminal strip molded into backplate.
- Terminal strip includes Phillips combination-head captive 8/32 screws for easy connection to Initiating Device Circuit (IDC).
- Terminal screws backed-out at factory and shipped ready to accept field wiring (up to 12 AWG/3.1 mmE2).
- Terminal numbers are molded into the backplate, eliminating the need for labels.
- Switch contacts are normally open.
- Can be surface-mounted (with SB-10 or SB-I/O) or semiflush mounted. Semi-flush mount to a standard single-gang, double-gang, or 4" (10.16 cm) square electrical box.
- Backplate is large enough to overlap a single-gang backbox cutout by 1/2" (1.27 cm).
- Spanish versions (FUEGO) available (BG-12LSP, BG-12LPSP).
- Designed to replace the FireLite legacy BG-10 Series.
- Packaging includes a cutaway dust/paint cover in shape of pull station.
- Switch contact ratings: gold-plated; rating 0.25 A @ 30 VAC or VDC.
|What's in the box||(1) FireLite Outdoor Fire Alarm Pull Station|
- Great alarm but the price is too high!Review by David