ION Security MICRA
- Aesthetic - Fully concealed wireless sensor for wood, vinyl, or aluminum clad windows
- Simple to specify - Compatible with current DSC Wireless Receivers
- Easy to install - Required tools: a drill, a 3/4 inch Forstner bit, and a 1/4 inch wood bit (for antenna insertion)
- Composition - Micro-processor, Micro-transmitter, Lithium Battery, Optimized Antenna for superior zone signal
- Long-life Battery - 5+ years (average rating)
A bulky home security system can be an eyesore. Adding to that stress is hard wire installation permanently altering the aesthetics of your room or window treatment. With its wireless connectivity and fully concealed platform, however, ION Security MICRA-D is a window security sensor that finally eliminates these pesky inconveniences.
Installing the product requires just three tools:
- 3/4" Forstener Bit
- 1/4" Wood Bit (for antenna insertion
Drilling a single hole about 3" down from the inside top corner of the window mainframe, you merely place and set the MICRA antenna & transmitter (in that order) within the cored opening before covering with the system's Surface Mount Magnet, ensuring the product is concealed. That's it!
From then on your fear of any burglars spotting your motion sensors and finding alternate and less-secure entryways into your home or commercial space can be forgotten, because this 3 step easy-to-install package is not only virtually invisible to the naked eye, but it uses a sophisticated wireless transmit that extends to 500 ft of any DSC wireless receiver - making it an ideal choice for installing in just about any corner of your home or office.
The ION Security MICRA-D sensor's battery-life is another one of it's convenient features, as its 3.0V Lithium Coin Cell Battery has an average life-span of about 5+ years, ensuring you and your family's safety will not be compromised by the vexing and easily forgettable task of constantly having to replace your battery.
- Dimensions: 0.33 in. deep x 0.75 in. diameter
- Fully concealed for wood, vinyl or aluminum clad windows
- Compatible with all DSC wireless receivers
- 500 ft open air wireless transmit range
- Long-life Battery - 5+ years (avg)
How It Works
The window sash sensor triggers an alarm whenever the contact between it and its corresponding surface mount magnet is severed.
|What's in the box||(1) ION Security DSC Compatible Wireless Window Sensor|
Write Your Own Review
|Dimensions||Dowel Package: 0.33 inch deep by 0.75 inch diameter.|
|Power Source||3.0V Lithium Coin Cell Battery (CR1620)|
|Cavity Depth Fit||0.33 inch depth|
|Transmit Range||Typically >500 ft, open air|
|System Compatibilities||Sensors are compatible with current HONEYWELL, DSC and GE wireless receivers. Please specify which system you require.|
|Visual Characteristics||Each sensor is color-coded to identify their respective protocol:
HONEYWELL - Red 11.5 inch x 24 gauge antenna extends from the sensor
DSC - Black 8.5 inch x 24 gauge antenna extends from the sensor
GE - Blue 11.5 inch x 24 gauge antenna extends from the sensor
|Environmental Conditions||Ambient temperature 10° - 120°F (-12 - 49°C).|
|Replacement||Sensor and Magnet and/or Battery is fi eld-replaceable.|
|Patents||US Patent #6,737,969 Multiple Domestic and International Patents Pending.|